The Department of Student-Athlete Center for Excellence has overall responsibility for the academic welfare of all student-athletes, both scholarship and non-scholarship.
• Academic progress
• Class attendance
• Class scheduling
• Has responsibility for:
• Study hall attendance
• Academic counseling
• Writing Center for Student-Athletes
• A computer lab with 25 computers
• Issue of textbooks to scholarship student-athletes on textbook scholarship
• Operates the Student-Athlete Learning Center 73 hours per week specifically for student-athletes to study, get tutor assistance and work on their assignments in the computer lab.
• Conducts the NCAA sponsored Challenging Athletic Minds for Personal Success (CHAMPS)/Life Skills program, which assist student-athletes in adjusting to college and subsequently to life after sports.
• Monitors NCAA rules to insure student-athletes are academically eligible to participate each semester.
• Works daily with the student-athletes, coaches, faculty, and senior university administration