Lady Bears Shine Overseas: Jan. 22 - Jan. 30
3:15 P.M., MONDAY, JAN. 30, 2012
Bernice Mosby and her team, Cajarural, lost to top-ranked Ros Casares, 57-84, on Jan. 21. In the game, Mosby led her team in points and rebounds, scoring 17 points and bringing down 10 rebounds. It was a tough loss, but Cajarural didn't stay down long. The team bounced back this weekend and got the victory over Cadi la Seu, 84-53, on Saturday. Mosby continues to lead the team, averaging 17.6 points and 7.3 rebounds per game. Cajarural's next games will be against Mariana on Feb. 4 and Girona on Feb. 8.
Rachel Allison and Arranz-Jopisa Burgos suffered two losses this week. The team lost on the road at Hondarribia-Irun, 68-75 on Jan. 21, and against second ranked Perfumerias, 58-69, on Saturday. In the game against Hondarribia-Irun, Allison had a double-double, scoring a team-high 21 points and bringing down 12 rebounds. With these two losses, Arranz-Jopisa Burgos fell to tenth place in the league, one game behind Bernice Mosby's team, Cajarural.
It was also a hard week in the Italian league. Abiola Wabara and her team, Cagliari, lost both games, losing 54-65 against Familia Schio on Jan. 22, and 60-66 in yesterday's game against Comense. Wabara led her team in scoring against Familia Schio. She had 18 points, six rebounds and two assists. Cagliari will take on Basket Parma on Feb. 5 and Pozzuoli on Feb. 12.
Check back next week for more game results!
By Emily Anne Moore
Lady Bears Shine Overseas: Jan. 8 - Jan. 21
4:45 P.M., MONDAY, JAN. 23, 2012
Welcome back! We took a break over the holidays, but we are back and excited to keep you up to date on the former Lady Bears' action overseas.
Bernice Mosby continues to lead her team, Cajarural. Cajarural lost its last two games by a combined 8 points, losing 77-80 in overtime against Navarra and 59-64 against Real C. Vigo. Mosby had a double-double in both games, with 16 points and 11 rebounds in the loss to Navarra, and 11 points and 11 rebounds against Real C. Vigo. Mosby leads her team in scoring and rebounding, averaging 17.4 points and 7.1 rebounds per game.
Over the break, Rachel Allison joined a new Spanish team. She has played three games with her new team, Arranz-Jopisa Burgos. The team lost its last two games, falling 70-88 against Rivas Ecopolis on Jan. 8, and 54-75 against Gran Canaria on Jan. 14. Allison started in both games, playing 30 minutes and scoring five points against Rivas Ecopolis. She played 33 minutes and scored four points in the loss to Gran Canaria. After three games with her new team, Allison averages 7.3 points and six rebounds per game.
Abiola Wabara and her team, Cagliari, also lost both games this week. The team fell to Taranto, 58-72, on Jan. 8 and lost against Faenza, 62-66, on Jan. 15. Wabara is ranked third on her team, averaging 8.3 points per game.
Don't forget to keep checking back each week for more updates!
By Emily Anne Moore
Lady Bear Fans, Did you Know???????????
4:00 P.M., THURSDAY, JAN. 5, 2012
- Baylor has spent 16 weeks at No. 1 in The Associated Press Poll which ranks eighth all-time.
- BU has been ranked in a school-record 156 straight AP polls dating back to week nine of the 2003-04 listing when it broke in at No. 24.
- Brittney Griner has registered a Big 12 record 468 career blocked shots.
- Brittney Griner ranks No. 6 on BU's career scoring chart with 1,798 points and needs six to climb to No. 5 (she'll pass Danielle Crockrom).
- Baylor is the only school to have its women's basketball (No. 1), men's basketball (No. 4) and football (No. 15) teams ranked among the AP Top 25.
- The Lady Bears are 52-4 over their last 56 games.
- BU registered its first 14-0 start in school history. The Lady Bears began the 2000-01season 13-0.
- Baylor is the only Division I school with both its men's (14-0) and women's (14-0) basketball teams sporting perfect records.
- The Lady Bears sport a school-record 32-game home win streak, BU's last home loss came vs. Texas on March 7, 2009, 70-54.
- For the first time in her 86-game career, Brittney Griner did not go to the free throw line when she was 0-0 from the charity stripe vs. Missouri.
- Baylor hasn't allowed an opponent to shoot 50 percent from the field in 188 straight games, dating back to March 25, 2006.
- The Lady Bears' victory in Knoxville earlier this season snapped the Lady Vols' 38-game home win streak.
- Baylor is 4-0 vs. 2011-12 ranked opponents, including a 3-0 mark vs. top 10 teams. e