Feb. 14, 2009
Complete Results |
COLLEGE STATION, Texas -
The Baylor men's 4x400-meter relay won its 33rd-straight race and the Bears set a new world-leading time on the second day of competition at the Texas A&M Invitational on Saturday afternoon at the Gilliam Indoor Track.
Baylor set an NCAA- and world-leading time of 3:06.67 in the fifth and final heat to win the event by more than three full seconds over Texas A&M. The time lowers the previous world-leading time of 3:07.93 set by Georgia on Friday night at the Tyson Invitational.
Trey Harts led off the relay for Baylor, making his move at the start of the second lap, opening up the lead for Baylor at the first exchange with a 47.0-second split. Marcus Boyd ran the second leg, putting more distance between the trail pack with a split of 45.9 seconds.
J.T. Scheuerman split 47.0 on the third leg, maintaining the Baylor lead at 15 meters at the third exchange. Quentin Iglehart-Summers split 46.2 seconds extending the lead to as many as 30 meters as the Bears pulled away from the field on the fourth leg.
Danielle Bradley and Cate Westenhover each recorded NCAA provisional qualifying times in the women's mile. Bradley clocked a time of 4:42.36 to finished second, while Westenhover finished third in 4:46.66. Bradley's time lowers her personal best time, and ranks second in Baylor history, while Westenhover clocked the sixth-fastest time in school history.
Harts and Whitney Prevost finished second and third, respectively, in the men's 60 meters as both clocked NCAA provisional times.
Boyd finished as the second collegian in the men's 400, clocking a personal-best time of 46.61, recording his first NCAA provisional time of the year. Iglehart-Summers also clocked a provisional time of 47.14 to finish sixth overall.
Diamond Richardson clocked a time of 54.83 to finish sixth overall in the women's 400 meters.
Nichole Jones won the women's 3,000 meters with a time of 9:40.60, while Jodi Hulett took second with a time of 9:43.83.
Baylor returns to action in two weeks as the Bears return to College Station on Feb. 27-28 for the 2009 Big 12 Indoor Track and Field Championships.
1. Gerald Phiri (TAMU) - 6.68 P
2. Trey Harts (BU) - 6.72 P
3. Whitney Prevost (BU) - 6.74 P
1. Gil Roberts (TTU) - 46.17 P
3. Marcus Boyd (BU) - 46.61 P
6. Quentin Iglehart-Summers (BU) - 47.14 P
1. Chris Gowell (BU) - 1:50.26 P
9. James Gilreath (BU) - 1:52.64
36. Patrick Robinson (BU) - 2:01.02
1. Simon Bucknell (Rice) - 4:11.68
2. Zac Flowers (BU) - 4:13.24
6. John Wenhold (BU) - 4:20.29
11. Robbie Knorr (BU) - 4:21.78
14. Michael Williams (BU) - 4:24.05
1. Nicodemus Ng'etich (UTEP) - 8:13.52
10. Robbie Knorr (BU) - 8:35.79
14. Brandon Reed (BU) - 8:44.59
16. Jeff Sadler (BU) - 8:47.87
24. John Wenhold (BU) - 8:58.94
1. Ryan Brathwaite (BCCC) - 7.76 P
13. Laszlo Vandrascek (BU) - 8.32
1. Baylor - 3:06.67 P
1. Jason Colwick (Rice) - 5.61m (18-04 ¾) A
4. Joseph Farley (4.96m (16-03 ¼)
1. Murielle Ahoure (UM) - 7.26 A
8. Tiffany Townsend (BU) - 7.44 P
1. Ferrette Jones (Unatt) - 52.38
6. Diamond Richardson (BU) - 54.83
19. Brittany Bruce (BU) - 56.71
1. Keltie John (Rice) - 2:10.26
3. Nichole Jones (BU) - 2:11.13
5. Leigh Ann Ganzar (BU) - 2:13.24
6. Kathryn Benvegnu (BU) - 2:13.29
13. Lauren Simpson (BU) - 2:17.12
14. Danielle Bradley (BU) - 2:17.36
30. Loren Hodges (BU) - 2:22.28
35. Sydney Jackson (BU) - 2:25.21
1. Lennie Waite (Rice) - 4:41.69 P
2. Danielle Bradley (BU) - 4:42.36 P
3. Cate Westenhover (BU) - 4:46.66 P
1. Nichole Jones (BU) - 9:40.60
2. Jodi Hulett (BU) - 9:43.83
8. Kristen Hanselka (BU) - 9:57.37
1. Texas A&M - 3:37.35
4. Baylor - 3:40.37
1. Neidra Covington (TCU) - 13.02m (42-08 ¾) P
13. Stasia Kelly-Taylor (BU) - 11.94m (39-02 ¼)