March 20, 2014
FORT WORTH, Texas - Baylor track and field senior Erin Atkinson opened her outdoor season by winning the hammer throw title at the TCU Invitational on Thursday at Lowdon Track and Field Stadium.
The St. Louis, Mo., native, posted a throw of 187-10 [57.26m], to claim the title by one inch or .03 meters over Talore Kelly of Texas State. It was the third straight season that Atkinson has claimed the TCU Invitational hammer throw crown.
- Atkinson won her sixth hammer throw event title in her third year at BU.
- Hicks and Phillips were both competing in their first collegiate discus competitions.
TWEET OF THE DAY
Baylor will be back in action at the TCU Invitational on Friday. The field events will begin at 9:30 a.m., while running events start up at 1 p.m. at the Lowdon Track and Field Complex.
To stay current on all things Baylor Track, follow the team on Twitter: @BaylorTrack.
COMPLETE BAYLOR RESULTS
5. Cion Hicks (FR), 148-7 [45.29m]
9. Taylor Torres (SR), 141-5 [43.12m]
10. Henry Vildosola (SR), 127-6 [38.86m] (personal best)
11.Rhys Phillips (FR), 109-7 [33.41m]
1. Erin Atkinson (SR), 187-10 [57.26m]