April 6, 2014
GAINESVILLE, Fla. - On the final day of the Florida Relays, the Baylor track and field team was led by its 4x400-meter relays teams, which each recorded season-best times on Saturday at the James G. Pressly Stadium.
Senior Erin Atkinson took second in the hammer throw with a toss of 198-6 [60.50m]. That mark was a season-best and the 10th-best in school history.
- The quartet of Dannielle Davis, Taije Jordan, Jessica Shadley, Tiffani McReynolds took sixth in the 4x100-shuttle hurdle relay with at time of 55.44.
- In the 4x800-meter relay, Kristina Brown, Jenna Pfeiffer, Meredith Jackson and Jessica Purtell placed fourth in 8:58.99.
- The men's DMR crew of Derwin Graham, Brandon Moore, Greg Bostick, Jonathan Tijerina posted a fifth-place finish with a mark of 9:56.60.
Baylor is scheduled to have athletes in action at the Texas Invitational in Austin on Saturday, April 12.
To stay current on all things Baylor Track, follow the team on Twitter: @BaylorTrack.
5. Baylor A (Alyssa Nichols, Ashley Fields, Olicia Williams, Raena Rhone) - 3:34.85
50. Baylor B (Katie Grovatt, Kristina Brown, Jessica Purtell, Meredith Jackson) - 3:52.45
15. Baylor A (Isaiah Duke, TJ Holmes, Brandon Moore, Drew Seale) - 3:08.67
52. Baylor B (Alex Reece, Bryce Grace, Randy Dias, Greg Bostick) - 3:18.53
4. Baylor (Kristina Brown, Jenna Pfeiffer, Meredith Jackson, Jessica Purtell) - 8:58.99
Distance Medley Relay
5. Baylor (Derwin Graham, Brandon Moore, Greg Bostick, Jonathan Tijerina) - 9:56.60
20. Chase Hood (FR) - 15-1 [4.60m]
Women - Invite
2. Erin Atkinson (SR) - 198-6 [60.50m] (season best and 10th best in school history)