April 6, 2014
GAINESVILLE, Fla. - On the final day of the Florida Relays, the Baylor track and field team was led by its 4x400-meter relays teams, which each recorded season-best times on Saturday at the James G. Pressly Stadium.
The men's 4x400-meter relay team of Isaiah Duke, TJ Holmes, Brandon Moore and Drew Seale, turned in a time of 3:08.67 to take 15th.
Baylor's top women's 4x400-meter relay squad of Alyssa Nichols, Ashley Fields, Olicia Williams and Raena Rhone took fifth with a time of 3:34.85.
Senior Erin Atkinson took second in the hammer throw with a toss of 198-6 [60.50m]. That mark was a season-best and the 10th-best in school history.
Freshman Cion Hicks took second in the shot put with a season-best throw of 48-8.75 [14.85m]. The only person, who has thrown farther in Baylor history is Skylar White.
Baylor is scheduled to have athletes in action at the Texas Invitational in Austin on Saturday, April 12.
To stay current on all things Baylor Track, follow the team on Twitter: @BaylorTrack.
COMPLETE BAYLOR RESULTS - Saturday Florida Relays
22. Baylor A (Kehri Jones, Ashley Fields, Alyssa Nichols, Justise Dayries) - 45.70
4x100-Shuttle Hurdle Relay
6. Baylor (Dannielle Davis, Taije Jordan, Jessica Shadley, Tiffani McReynolds) - 55.44
5. Baylor A (Alyssa Nichols, Ashley Fields, Olicia Williams, Raena Rhone) - 3:34.85
50. Baylor B (Katie Grovatt, Kristina Brown, Jessica Purtell, Meredith Jackson) - 3:52.45
15. Baylor A (Isaiah Duke, TJ Holmes, Brandon Moore, Drew Seale) - 3:08.67
52. Baylor B (Alex Reece, Bryce Grace, Randy Dias, Greg Bostick) - 3:18.53
4. Baylor (Kristina Brown, Jenna Pfeiffer, Meredith Jackson, Jessica Purtell) - 8:58.99
Distance Medley Relay
5. Baylor (Derwin Graham, Brandon Moore, Greg Bostick, Jonathan Tijerina) - 9:56.60
20. Chase Hood (FR) - 15-1 [4.60m]
19. Kaitlin West (JR) - 39-9.25 [12.12m]
2. Cion Hicks (FR) - 48-8.75 [14.85m] (season best)
Women - Invite
2. Erin Atkinson (SR) - 198-6 [60.50m] (season best and 10th best in school history)