March 7, 2012
|Friday-Saturday, March 9-10, 2012
Nampa, Idaho | Jackson Track at the Idaho Center
|Live Results | Live Video: ESPN3.com | NCAA.com | Notes | Championship Central|
|Full list of qualifiers [Women] [Men] | Heat Sheets [Women] [Men]|
|FOLLOW BAYLOR TRACK AND FIELD ON TWITTER: @BaylorTrack|
MEET SCHEDULE [Event-by-event]
Running Events: 5 p.m. PT/ 7 p.m. CT
Field Events: 2 p.m. PT/4 p.m. CT
Running Events: 6:15 p.m. PT/8:15 p.m. CT
Field Events: 3 p.m. PT/5 p.m. CT
Live Results: www.FlashResults.com
Live Video Schedule (all times Central):
Friday, March 9
NCAA.com - 12 p.m.-6:30 p.m.
ESPN3.com - 6:30 p.m.-10:45 p.m.
Saturday, March 10
NCAA.com - 11:30 a.m.-7 p.m.
ESPN3.com - 7 p.m.-10:15 p.m.
10 Things You Should Know...
- Baylor will travel 11 student-athletes and one relay alternate to Nampa, Idaho, for the 2012 NCAA Indoor Championships. The Bears will have entrants in five individual women’s events, two individual men’s events and one men’s relay.
- Baylor returns five competitors that earned All-America honors at last season’s NCAA Indoor Championships, including Zwede Hewitt, Drew Seale, Tiffani McReynolds, Jessica Ubanyionwu and Skylar White.
- Last weekend’s ‘last chance’ meets were beneficial to two Lady Bears: Jessica Ubanyionwu and Brittany OgunMokun. Ubanyionwu moved from 24th to 5th in the triple jump, while OgunMokun went from 45th to 16th.
- At the Big 12 Indoor Championships, 25 Baylor competitors earned 38 all-Big 12 honors. Of those honors, 14 women earned 21 all-Big 12 honors, and 11 men earned 17 all-conference accolades.
- Baylor student-athletes broke four school records this season. Erin Atkinson claimed the weight throw record, Skylar White re-broke her own shot put record, Eric Bostick broke the heptathlon record, and Brittany OgunMokun claimed the 800m.
- Baylor’s two throwers that earned spots in the national championship field combined to win seven meets this season. Erin Atkinson won the weight throw competition at four meets, and Skylar White won the shot put three times.
- Baylor’s 4x400-meter relay team has earned All-America honors each of the last five seasons, including three national titles (2007-09). The Bears have claimed All-America honors 24 times in the last 27 seasons.
- As a team, Baylor has won 19 individual events this season, including 16 from the women’s squad. Along with White and Atkinson’s seven total wins, sophomore Tiffani McReynolds (60H) won three times, including a Big 12 title in the 60 hurdles.
- At last season’s NCAA Indoor Championships, Baylor entered the meet ranked 32nd on the women’s side and 38th on the men’s, but finished 10th and 16th. This season, Baylor enters ranked 23rd on the women’s side and 60th on the men’s.
- Head coach Todd Harbour signed a strong recruiting class on National Signing Day, including seven men and five women with state and national leading performances among them.