May 17, 2013
Complete Event Schedule
INDIANAPOLIS - Baylor's track and field teams will be represented by 30 entries in the NCAA West Preliminary Rounds next week at Mike A. Myers Stadium in Austin, Texas.
BU will have 17 entries on the women's side and 13 more on the men's side vying for a chance to get into the top 12 in their respective events and earn a berth to the championship finals site in Eugene, Ore. At the NCAA West Preliminary, competitors in individual events will be pared from 48 to 24 in the first round and then down to 12 in the second round.
Baylor will have 15 in individual events, along with both the 4x100 and 4x400-meter relays. Of those entries, Baylor has eight currently ranked among the top 12 in the West region.
On the men's side, Baylor has 11 in individual events and both relays as well. The Bears have four currently ranked among the region's top 12.
BU has four athletes competing in two individual events: Ashley Fields (100, 200 meters), Christina Holland (100, 400 hurdles), Skylar White (discus, shot put) and Felix Obi (long, triple jump).
The NCAA West Preliminary Round will begin on Thursday, May 23 with the men's discus at noon. The first running event will be the 400m hurdles at 4:30 p.m. Friday starts at noon with the women's discus and running begins at 5:30 p.m. with the men's 110m hurdles. On Saturday the first event is the men's javelin at noon. The final day of running events kicks off at 6 p.m. with the men's 4x100m relay.
Follow @BaylorTrack on Twitter for updates on the team all season.
COMPLETE BAYLOR LIST OF ENTRIES
Listed by rank and seed mark
25. Ashley Fields (FR) - 11.50
5. Ashley Fields (FR) 22.98
15. Justise Dayries (FR) - 23.45
48. Alex Reece (FR) - 21.34
23. Raena Rhone (SO) - 53.42
45. Idia Omogiate (JR) - 54.32
5. Blake Heriot (JR) - 45.46
34. Isaiah Duke (FR) - 46.96
37. Justin Allen (SR) - 47.00
44. Drew Seale (SR) - 47.12
8. Olicia Williams (FR) - 2:05.23
37. Brittany OgunMokun (SR) - 2:08.47
47. Gavyn Nero (SR) - 1:50.27
19. Mariah Kelly (SO) - 4:22.20
33. Rachel Johnson (SO) - 10:29.08
40. Christina Holland (SR) 13.64
16. Bryce Grace (FR) - 13.94
6. Christina Holland (SR) - 56.81
18. Baylor - 45.28
8. Baylor - 39.84
7. Baylor - 3:32.12
3. Baylor - 3:03.90
39. Felix Obi (FR) - 7.41m
12. Brianna Richardson (FR) - 12.95m
5. Felix Obi (FR) - 16.08m
9. Skylar White (SR) - 16.90m
8. Skylar White (SR) - 55.16m
17. Desmine Hilliard (SO) 57.12m
7. Erin Atkinson (JR) - 64.97m
25. Blake Mayberry (SO) - 66.76m