May 22, 2014
Women's Entry List |
Men's Entry List
INDIANAPOLIS - Baylor's track and field teams will be represented by 33 entries and 27 athletes in the NCAA West Preliminary Championships next week at John McDonnell Field in Fayetteville, Ark.
BU will have 21 entries on the women's side and 12 more on the men's side vying for a chance to get into the top 12 in their respective events and earn a berth to the championship finals site in Eugene, Ore. At the NCAA West Preliminary, competitors in individual events will be pared from 48 to 24 in the first round and then down to 12 in the second round.
The Baylor women will have 19 entries in individual events, along with both the 4x100 and 4x400-meter relays. Of those entries, Baylor has 10 currently ranked among the top 12 in the West region.
On the men's side, Baylor has 10 in individual events and both relays as well. The Bears have eight currently ranked among the region's top 12.
The Bears have two athletes, who are ranked No. 1 in their event going into the regional meet. Trayvon Bromell has the best 100-meter time at 10.01, while Tiffani McReynolds has the fastest 100-hurdle time at 12.63.
BU has four athletes competing in two individual events: Ashley Fields (100, 200 meters), Kehri Jones (100, 200 meters), McReynolds (100 meters, 100 hurdles) and Everett Walker (100 meters, 200 meters).
In three events, Baylor has three entries, including the women's 100 (McReynolds, Fields, Kehri Jones) and 200 meters (Fields, Jones, Justise Dayries) and the men's 200 meters (Blake Heriot, Walker, Alex Reece).
Baylor's participation in the NCAA West Preliminary Round will begin on Thursday, May 29, at 4:30 p.m. with the running of the men's 400-hurdles. Friday's action for BU will begin at 3 p.m. with the women's discus and on Saturday events start at 10 a.m. with the women's hammer throw.
One Baylor athlete has already clinched his spot in Eugene, Ore., at the NCAA Outdoor Championships. Decathlete Henry Vildosola was the 24th and final accepted entry into the 24-man decathlete field. The multi-events are not contested at the Preliminary Championships site and instead just the 24 highest scores in the country make the final site. Vildosola's 7,344 points scored at the Big 12 Championships moved him into the 24th spot.
Follow @BaylorTrack on Twitter for updates on the team all season.
COMPLETE BAYLOR LIST OF ENTRIES
Listed by rank and seed mark
9. Tiffani McReynolds (JR) - 11.24
17. Ashley Fields (SO) - 11.41
25. Kehri Jones (JR) - 11.53
1. Trayvon Bromell (FR) - 10.01
9. Everett Walker (SR) - 10.19
11. Ashley Fields (SO) - 23.18
28. Kehri Jones (JR) - 23.78
29. Justise Dayries (SO) - 23.79
4. Blake Heriot (SR) - 20.45
14. Everett Walker (SR) - 20.81
28. Alex Reece (SO) - 20.99
15. Raena Rhone (JR) - 52.78
32. Alyssa Nichols (SR) - 53.66
16. Olicia Williams (SO) - 2:06.03
6. Mariah Kelly (SR) - 4:18.35
28. Maggie Montoya (FR) - 4:23.65
2. Rachel Johnson (JR) - 9:49.31
39. Derwin Graham (JR) - 8:59.93
1. Tiffani McReynolds (JR) - 12.63
10. Taije Jordan (SO) - 13.22
10. Bryce Grace (SO) - 13.64
7. TJ Holmes (FR) - 50.09
10. Baylor (Jones, Fields, Nichols, Dayries) - 44.59
2. Baylor (Bromell, Heriot, Walker, Reece) - 39.09
6. Baylor (Nichols, Fields, Williams, Rhone) - 3:31.19
10. Baylor (Holmes, Seale, Caddick, Heriot) - 3:06.68
5. Annie Rhodes (FR) - 4.27m
6. Brianna Richardson (SO) - 13.14m
15. Kaitlin West (JR) - 12.80m
34. Cion Hicks (FR) - 15.41m
29. Desmine Hilliard (JR) - 54.98m
17. Erin Atkinson (SR) - 60.50m
11. Blake Mayberry (SR) - 68.64m
Keep up with the Bears all season long by following @BaylorTrack on Twitter.