May 27, 2004
Complete Release in PDF Format
Download Free Acrobat Reader
2004 NCAA MIDWEST REGIONAL
Friday-Saturday, May 28-29
Anderson Track & Field Complex
College Station, Texas
The Baylor track & field teams head down Highway 6 for the NCAA Midwest Regional Friday and Saturday in College Station, Texas. The regional format is in only its second year of existence.
This weekend, athletes will be competing for a spot in the 2004 NCAA Outdoor Track & Field Championships June 9-12 at Mike A. Myers Stadium in Austin, Texas. The top five in each event will move on in addition to any athletes who have automatically qualified.
Who to Watch
* Junior Darold Williamson (44.59) ranks second and sophomore Jeremy Wariner (44.80) ranks third in the country in the 400 meters. Arizona State's Lewis Banda currently holds the top time at 44.58.
* Junior Lakadron Ivery had a breakthrough performance at last year's NCAA Midwest Regional. Ivery set new school records in the 100 and 200 meters, taking gold in both events.
* Sophomore Wil Fitts currently ranks third in the region and 10th in the nation in the 800 meters.
* Junior Danielle Myricks ranks sixth in the region in the 400-meter hurdles.
* The women's 4x100 and 4x400 meter relays both rank third in the region.
The 2004 NCAA Midwest Regional can be followed live on BaylorBears.com.