Jan. 2, 2012
Box Score |
AP Photos |
4/5 BAYLOR 61, RV/NR TEXAS A&M 52
FERRELL CENTER • WACO, TEXAS
JAN. 2, 2012 • ATTENDANCE: 8,424
• With today's win, Baylor has the first 14-game winning streak in program history.
• Baylor is 47-15 - 46-14 in the Drew era - when ranked in the AP Top 25, 40-10 when ranked in the USA TODAY/ESPN Coaches Top 25, and 38-9 all-time when ranked simultaneously in both polls.
• Baylor is the only Division I school in the nation with both men’s and women’s basketball teams undefeated (combined 27-0).
• Since the start of the 2007-08 season, Baylor is 105-47 and has made three postseason appearances (2008 NCAA, 2009 NIT, 2010 NCAA) and posted three 20-win seasons (135 wins in first 11 seasons of Big 12 era).
• Since the start of the 2007-08 season, Baylor is 65-13 at the Ferrell Center (22-11 in Big 12 home games), including a 39-4 home mark in the last three seasons (13-4 in Big 12 home games).
• Baylor is 10-4 in its last 14 games against its three in-state Big 12 opponents – Texas A&M (4-1), Texas Tech (3-1) and Texas (3-2).
• Monday was the 204th meeting of the “Battle of the Brazos” – the second-most played series in program history.
• Texas A&M leads the all-time series 127-77, including a 50-46 mark in games played in Waco.
• Baylor has won each of its last four meetings against Texas A&M in Waco.
• Baylor is 8-8 all-time in Big 12 openers, including a 5-4 mark in the Drew era and a five-game winning streak.
• Baylor is 9-7 all-time in Big 12 home openers, including wins in each of the last five.
• Baylor is 16-16 against Texas A&M in the Big 12 era.
• Baylor extended its 3-pointer streak to 633 games (second-longest active streak in Big 12) - dating to Feb. 21, 1990.
• Baylor is one of only four undefeated Division I teams remaining - Missouri, Murray State and Syracuse are the others.
• Baylor has won 51 straight games when holding opponents to fewer than 60 points, including 10 this season.
• Baylor has held 12 opponents to fewer than 70 points. Since the start of the 2007-08 season, Baylor is 66-9 when holding opponents below the 70-point mark. Baylor is 97-25 in the Drew era when holding opponents to fewer than 70 points.
• Baylor has led at the half in 13 of its 14 games this season, posting a 13-0 record.
• Junior G A.J. Walton made his 44th consecutive start at point guard.
• Senior F Quincy Acy had his 57th career double-figure scoring game (13 points). Baylor is 45-12 in those games.
• Freshman F Quincy Miller had his seventh double-figure scoring game (11 points).
• Sophomore F Perry Jones III had his 31st career double-figure scoring game (14 points).
• Jones III had his fourth career double-double (14 points, 12 rebounds).
• Walton had his first double-figure scoring game of the season (10 points) and the eighth of his career.
• Sophomore G Brady Heslip failed to hit a 3-point field goal for the first time this season.