Jan. 7, 2012
4/5 BAYLOR 73, TEXAS TECH 60
UNITED SPIRIT ARENA • LUBBOCK, TEXAS
JAN. 7, 2012 • ATTENDANCE: 8,267
• With today's win, Baylor has the first 15-game winning streak in program history.
• Baylor is off to its fourth 2-0 conference start in the Big 12 era.
• Baylor is 49-15 — 48-14 in the Scott Drew era — when ranked in the Associated Press Top 25, 42-10 when ranked in the USA TODAY/ESPN Coaches Top 25 and 40-9 all-time when ranked simultaneously in both polls.
• Baylor is the only Division I school in the nation with both men’s and women’s basketball teams undefeated (combined 29-0).
• Since the start of the 2007-08 season, Baylor is 106-47 and has made three postseason appearances (2008 NCAA, 2009 NIT, 2010 NCAA) and posted three 20-win seasons (135 wins in first 11 seasons of Big 12 era).
• Baylor is 11-4 in its last 15 games against its three in-state Big 12 opponents – Texas A&M (4-1), Texas Tech (4-1) and Texas (3-2).
• Saturday’s game marked the 123rd meeting in the series; Texas Tech holds a 75-48 advantage in the all-time series. Baylor is 15-45 all-time in Lubbock, but has won each of its last three trips and three of its last four.
• Saturday was also just the fourth time in series history — and second time in Lubbock — that Baylor is nationally ranked at the time of its game with Texas Tech. Baylor is 4-0 all-time as a nationally ranked team against Texas Tech.
• Baylor is 6-0 away from home this season and 3-0 in true road games.
• In the last five seasons under ninth-year head coach Scott Drew, Baylor has won 21 true road and 20 neutral-site games — a combined 41-34 record away from home. In Baylor’s first 11 seasons in the Big 12, the Bears won a combined 28 games away.
• Baylor is 14-18 vs. Texas Tech in the Big 12 era. Since losing 15 of its 20 series games as Big 12 members, Baylor has won 9 of the last 12 meetings.
• Scott Drew is 9-8 all-time against Texas Tech.
• Baylor extended its 3-pointer streak to 634 games (second-longest active streak in Big 12) - dating to Feb. 21, 1990.
• Baylor is one of only three undefeated Division I teams remaining - Murray State and Syracuse are the others.
• Baylor has held 13 opponents to fewer than 70 points. Since the start of the 2007-08 season, Baylor is 67-9 when holding opponents below the 70-point mark. Baylor is 98-25 in the Drew era when holding opponents to fewer than 70 points.
• Baylor has led at the half in 14 of its 15 games this season, posting a 13-0 record.
• Junior G A.J. Walton made his 45th consecutive start at point guard.
• Junior Pierre Jackson and Brady Heslip both posted their 9th double-figure scoring games of the season.
• Freshman F Quincy Miller had his 8th double-figure scoring game (15 points).
• Sophomore G Brady Heslip has made at least one 3FG in 14 of 15 games this season.
• In Big 12 opener Jan. 2 vs. Texas A&M, Heslip and Jackson combined for 4 points. Today at Texas Tech, the pair combined for 35 points.