Baylor, TCU Postgame Notes
- Baylor started Big 12 play 3-0 for the 2nd consecutive season and 4th time in the league's 17-year history.
- Baylor now leads the all-time series, 90-81, including a 50-38 mark in games played in Waco.
- The teams met for the first time in the Scott Drew era - last previous meeting was Dec. 7, 2002.
- Baylor has now won 14 straight games vs. in-state opponents, including a 4-0 mark this season.
- Baylor is 18-4 in its last 22 games against in-state Big 12 opponents - TTU (6-1), UT (6-2), TAMU (5-1), TCU (1-0).
- The starting lineup of Jackson, Heslip, Walton, Jefferson and Austin is now 10-3 on the year.
- BU is 2-4 this season and 31-103 in the Drew era when trailing at halftime.
- In the month of January, Baylor is 36-39 in the Scott Drew era, including a 21-8 record over the last four seasons.
- Baylor has started 11-4 or better through its first 15 games in six consecutive seasons.
- Baylor held TCU to 40 points in the game, the lowest total by a BU opponent in a Big 12 game in program history.
- Baylor held TCU to 12 points in the paint - the fewest by a Baylor opponent this season.
- Baylor held TCU to one field goal for a span of more than 10 minutes in the second half (13:18 to 2:54).
- Baylor's 21 first-half points were its fewest in any half since scoring 20 points in the 2nd half of a 54-52 win against Mississippi State on Dec. 28, 2011.
- Baylor 21 first-half points were its fewest at halftime since scoring 18 first-half points in a 69-61 loss at Kansas State on Jan. 24, 2011.
- Baylor went on a 10-0 run from 13:04 to 10:28 in the second half, extending its lead from 32-30 to 42-30.
- Baylor has made at least one 3-point field goal in 672 consecutive games - the second-longest active streak in the Big 12 (Texas). The last time Baylor did not connect from 3-point range was Feb. 21, 1990 vs. Texas Tech.
- Pierre Jackson (11 points) scored in double figures for a Big 12-leading 23rd consecutive game. He's averaging 18.6 points (427) and 6.3 assists (145) per game during the streak.
- Jackson's 23-game double-figure scoring streak is the longest by a Baylor player since LaceDarius Dunn's 32-game streak that lasted from March 6, 2010 until Feb. 26, 2011.
- Jackson (6 assists) now has 317 career assists, moving him past Jay Shakir (314) and David Wesley (316) for 7th place on Baylor's all-time list.
- Jackson has hit at least one 3-pointer in 27 consecutive games, which is the 5th-longest streak in Baylor history.
- A.J. Walton played in his 119th career game, tying Curtis Jerrells for 6th on Baylor's all-time list.
- Walton earned his 86th career win, which ranks 4th in program history and 1 shy of LaceDarius Dunn in 3rd place.
- Brady Heslip's streak of 20 consecutive games with a 3-point field goal made was snapped - it was the 7th-longest streak in Baylor history.
- Heslip didn't make a 3-pointer for just the 4th time in 52 career games.
- Cory Jefferson (game-high 15 points) scored in double figures for the 7th consecutive game and 12th time in 15 games this season.
- Isaiah Austin (10 points) scored in double figures for the 7th consecutive game and the 12th time in 14 games this season.