Jan. 13, 2007
Box Score |
- BU has won 5 of its last 7 Big 12 games dating back to last season.
- The Bears lead the series against Texas Tech 27-25 in Waco but are 41-72 all-time.
- Baylor's 11 wins is the most in a season in Scott Drew's four seasons at Baylor.
- Baylor is 14-3 in the last 17 home games (dating back to last season), 10-2 in 2006-07.
- Baylor is 8-1 this season when sophomore guard Curtis Jerrells scores in double-digits; Jerrells scored a season-high 23 points this afternoon, sinking a season-high 9 field goals.
- Underclassmen have led the Bears in scoring in 53 of its last 61 games (dating back to 2004-05).
- Sophomore forward Kevin Rogers recorded his first-ever double-double with 13 points and career-high 14 rebounds, the most rebounds by any BU player this season.
- Rogers fouled out of the game with one minute left for the second time this season.
- Junior guard Aaron Bruce scored a season-high 24 points, including a season-high 6 threes.
- Bruce is now tied for third place on Baylor's career 3-point field goal list, matching Wendell Greenleaf's 145 made threes.
- Bruce brought down a season-high 6 rebounds.
- Baylor is 10-2 in 2006-07, 1-1 in conference, and 25-5 in Drew's Era when scoring 70-plus points.
- BU is 6-2 in 2006-07, 1-1 in conference, and 14-36 when equaling or tallying more turnovers than its opponent.
- Baylor outscored Texas Tech 32-24 in the paint.
- Texas Tech shot 46.2 percent from the arc, the second highest percentage of any Baylor opponent this season.
- The Red Raiders committed only 7 turnovers, the lowest of any Baylor opponent this season.
- Baylor teams have hit at least one 3-pointer in 439 straight games.