Jan. 14, 2012
4/4 BAYLOR 106, NR/NR OKLAHOMA STATE 65
FERRELL CENTER • WACO, TEXAS
JAN. 14, 2012 • ATTENDANCE: 9,594
• With today's win, Baylor has the first 17-game winning streak in program history.
• Today’s attendance of 9,594 is a Ferrell Center season-high and the largest since a record 10,627 in the final home game of the 2010-11 season against Texas.
• Baylor is off to its third 4-0 conference start in the Big 12 era.
• Baylor is 51-15 — 50-14 in the Scott Drew era — when ranked in the Associated Press Top 25, 44-10 when ranked in the USA TODAY/ESPN Coaches Top 25 and 42-9 all-time when ranked simultaneously in both polls.
• Baylor is the only Division I school in the nation with both men’s and women’s basketball teams undefeated (combined 33-0).
• Since the start of the 2007-08 season, Baylor is 108-47 and has made three postseason appearances (2008 NCAA, 2009 NIT, 2010 NCAA) and posted three 20-win seasons (135 wins in first 11 seasons of Big 12 era).
• Saturday was the 68th series meeting and the 33rd in the Big 12 era. Oklahoma State leads the all-time series 50-18, but Baylor has won six straight meetings in Waco. The Bears are 14-15 at home against OSU.
• Since the start of the 2007-08 season, Baylor is 66-13 at the Ferrell Center (23-11 in Big 12 home games), including a 40-4 home mark in the last three seasons (14-4 in Big 12 home games).
• Baylor extended its home winning streak to 10 games, its sixth home winning streak of 10+ games in Ferrell Center history and the third of the Scott Drew era.
• Baylor’s 17-0 start tied Texas (2009-10) for the fourth-longest winning streak to start a season in Big 12 history.
• Baylor made a season-high 15 three-point field goals, marking its fourth game of the season with 10+ and its first in Big 12 play.
• Baylor’s 15 three-point field goals made were its most since making 15 against Prairie View A&M on Dec. 13, 2008.
• Baylor had a season-high 25 assists.
• Baylor had its first 100-point game since scoring 106 against Hardin-Simmons on Nov. 22, 2009.
• Baylor’s 106 points were its most in a Big 12 game since scoring 116 in a 5OT win at Texas A&M on Jan. 23, 2008.
• The Bears’ 106 points were their most ever in regulation of a Big 12 game.
• Baylor extended its 3-pointer streak to 636 games (second-longest active streak in Big 12) - dating to Feb. 21, 1990.
• Baylor is one of only three undefeated Division I teams remaining - Murray State and Syracuse are the others.
• Baylor’s 41-point margin of victory was its largest in a Big 12 games since beating Texas A&M 97-45 on Feb. 3, 2002.
• Junior G A.J. Walton made his 47th consecutive start at point guard.
• Sophomore G Brady Heslip has made at least one 3FG in 16 of 17 games this season.
• Freshman F Quincy Miller had a career-high 21 points, marking his ninth double-figure scoring game and his second game with 20+ points.
• Sophomore F Perry Jones III had his fifth career double-double (20 points, 12 rebounds). It was his 33rd career double-figure scoring game and seventh career double-figure rebounding game.
• Senior F Quincy Acy (14 points) had his 59th career double-figure scoring game and his 14th of the season.
• Junior G Pierre Jackson had his 11th double-figure scoring game (18 points). He’s scored in double figures in 11 of the last 14 games.
• Jones III tied his season-high with 12 rebounds – he also had 12 against Texas A&M on Jan. 2.
• Jones III had his ninth career game with 20+ points – Baylor is 8-1 in those games.
• Jackson hit a career-high five three-point field goals and had a career high five steals.
• Heslip had a career-high four assists.