Baylor, Hardin-Simmons Postgame Notes
Jan. 19, 2013
- Overall, the Bears now lead the series vs. Hardin-Simmons 17-12, including 10 straight.
- The win improved Baylor’s record to 12-5 on the year, marking the sixth season it has had at least 12 wins through 17 games.
- The starting lineup of Franklin, Heslip, Walton, Jefferson and Gathers is now 1-0 on the year.
- BU is now 10-0 this season when leading at the half.
- Baylor is now 53-9 at home since the start of the 2009-10 season.
- Baylor extended its winning streak vs. in-state opponents to 15 games and is 5-0 this season.
- In the month of January, Baylor is now 37-40 in the Scott Drew era, including a 22-9 record over the last four seasons.
- Baylor began the game on a 9-0 run.
- Baylor's 69-point margin of victory was its largest ever, passing a 66-point win against Austin College on Nov. 24, 1978.
- Baylor has made at least one 3-point field goal in 674 consecutive games – the second-longest active streak in the Big 12 (Texas). The last time Baylor did not connect from 3-point range was Feb. 21, 1990 vs. Texas Tech.
- With double-doubles from Cory Jefferson, Rico Gathers, L.J. Rose and Taurean Prince, it marked the first time in program history the Bears had four double-doubles in one game.
- The 107 points for BU scored marked the 63rd time in program history and 13th time in the Big 12 era it has scored at least 100 points.
- Baylor is 1-0 this season when scoring 100 or more points and 11-0 in the Scott Drew era.
- Baylor’s 56 first-half points were the most in a half this season.
- Baylor (64-24) improved to 9-0 this season when out-rebounding its opponent and 121-32 in the Scott Drew era.
- Baylor set season highs in points (107), field goal attempts (74), rebounds (64), offensive rebounds (24), defensive rebounds (40) and assists (30).
- Baylor's 107 points were its most since scoring 113 on Dec. 31, 2008.
- Baylor's 30 assists tied for the third-most in a game in program history.
- Baylor's 64 rebounds were the sixth-most in a game in program history.
- Hardin-Simmons’ 38 points and one 3-point field goal were a season lows by a BU opponent.
- L.J. Rose (14 pts, 12 assists) recorded his first career double-double.
- Rose's 12 assists tied for the 12th-most in a game in Baylor history.
- Rose tallied career highs in points and assists, marking the first time he has ever had double figures in either category.
- Cory Jefferson (10 pts, 12 reb) notched his sixth double-double of the season.
- Jefferson registered his 18th double-figure scoring game of the season.
- Jefferson recorded his sixth double figure rebound game of the season.
- Rico Gathers (10 pts, 12 reb) had his second double-double of the season.
- Gathers had his second game of the season with double-digit points.
- Gathers totaled his fourth double-figure rebound performance of the year.
- Brady Heslip (15 pts) had his sixth double-digit scoring performance of the year.
- Gary Franklin made his second start of the season and second of his BU career.
- Taurean Prince (21 pts, 15 reb) recorded his first career double-double.
- Prince had his second double-figure scoring performance of the year.
- Prince had a season high 15 boards, his first double-digit rebound performance.
- Prince became the 15th different player in Baylor history to record a 20-point, 15-rebound game. It has been done a total of 27 times, including once by fellow freshman Isaiah Austin (12/12/12).
- Deuce Bello had a season high 10 points.
- Bello scored in double figures for the first time this season and third time in his career.
- Logan Lowery (8 pts) scored his first career points at Baylor.
- Jacob Neubert (6 pts) notched a career high and totaled his first points of the season.