Jan. 21, 2012
Box Score |
Baylor Photos |
5/5 MISSOURI 89, 3/3 BAYLOR 88
FERRELL CENTER • WACO, TEXAS
JAN. 21, 2012 • ATTENDANCE: 10,617
• Today’s attendance of 10,617 is the second-largest in Ferrell Center history and the largest since a record 10,627 on March 5, 2011 in the final home game of the 2010-11 season against Texas.
• Saturday was the first Top 5 matchup and second Top 10 matchup in program history. It was the first Top 10 men’s basketball matchup in Ferrell Center history.
• Baylor is 17-3 all-time when ranked in the Top 10 – 14 of those wins have come this season
• Baylor is 51-17 — 50-16 in the Scott Drew era — when ranked in the Associated Press Top 25, 44-12 when ranked in the USA TODAY/ESPN Coaches Top 25 and 42-11 all-time when ranked simultaneously in both polls.
• Since the start of the 2007-08 season, Baylor is 108-49 and has made three postseason appearances (2008 NCAA, 2009 NIT, 2010 NCAA) and posted three 20-win seasons (135 wins in first 11 seasons of Big 12 era).
• Saturday was the 24th series meeting and the 18th in the Big 12 era. Missouri took a 14-10 lead in the series and snapped Baylor’s three-game winning streak in home games in the series. It was the first series meeting with both teams ranked in the Top 25.
• Saturday marked the 85th anniversary of the Immortal Ten. A bus carrying the Baylor basketball team was hit by a train in Round Rock, Texas – 10 of the 21 players, coaches and fans on board perished.
• Since the start of the 2007-08 season, Baylor is 66-14 at the Ferrell Center (23-12 in Big 12 home games), including a 40-5 home mark in the last three seasons (14-5 in Big 12 home games).
• Baylor had its 10-game winning streak in home games snapped. The 10-game winning streak tied for the third-longest in Ferrell Center history.
• Baylor extended its 3-pointer streak to 638 games (second-longest active streak in Big 12) - dating to Feb. 21, 1990.
• Baylor lost for the first time this season in a game decided by five points or fewer. The Bears are 4-1 in games decided by five points or fewer.
• Baylor trailed at the half for the fourth time this season – the Bears are 2-2 in those games.
• Junior G Pierre Jackson had a career-high 15 assists. His previous career high was 11 assists (twice), and it was his third game this season (all in last four games) with double-digit assists.
• Jackson's 15 assists tied the Big 12 record for assists in a conference game and tied for the fourth-most ever by a Big 12 player in any game.
• Jackson's 15 assists were the sixth-most in a single game in program history (most by a Baylor player in the Big 12 era) and the most since Nelson Haggerty had 18 at TCU on Feb. 14, 1995.
• Jackson (20 points, 15 assists) had his third double-double, his 13th double-figure scoring game and his seventh double-figure scoring game in the last eight contests.
• Jackson’s 20 points were the second-most he’s had in a game. He had 23 points against West Virginia on Dec. 23.
• Senior F Quincy Acy (nine rebounds) moved into 10th on Baylor’s career rebounds list with 677. He passed William Chatmon (1970-71) who had 671 career boards.
• Freshman F Quincy Miller had a career-high 29 points – his third game with 20+ points. Miller’s previous career-high was 21 points against Oklahoma State on Jan. 14.
• Miller had his 11th double-figure scoring game and has scored in double figures in six of the last seven games. He’s had 15 or more points in four of the last five contests.
• Junior G A.J. Walton had his streak of 48 consecutive games started at point guard snapped.
• Sophomore G Brady Heslip has made at least one 3FG in 18 of 19 games this season.
• Heslip (10 points) had his 11th double-figure scoring game.
• Acy (18 points) had his 61st career double-figure scoring game.