Jan. 23, 2010
25/RV BAYLOR (15-3) 71, UMASS (7-12) 45
FERRELL CENTER • WACO, TEXAS
JAN. 23, 2010 • ATTENDANCE: 7,779
• Baylor has won 22 of its last 27 games, dating back to the end of the 2008-09 regular season.
• Baylor improves to 12-7 when ranked in the Associated Press Top 25 Poll.
• Baylor is now 1-0 against UMass.
• Baylor has won 22 of its last 23 non-conference home games.
• The Baylor win marks the 11th consecutive home win, establishing a Ferrell Center record.
• Baylor has made at least one 3-point field goal in 569 consecutive games - the second-longest active streak in the Big 12.
• Baylor held UMass to 19.4 percent field-goal shooting in the first half, a season-low for a Baylor foe.
• The 45 points scored by UMass ties a season-low for a Baylor opponent.
• Baylor was outrebounded for the first time since April 2, 2009 against Penn State.
• The 42 rebounds by UMass snaps a 24-game streak in which Baylor has held opponents to under 40 rebounds.
• Junior F Ekpe Udoh and sophomore G/F Anthony Jones made their 18th straight starts.
• LaceDarius Dunn and Josh Lomers made their 27th consecutive starts dating back to Baylor’s postseason run in 2008-09.
• Tweety Carter has scored 20-plus points four times this season.
• Carter’s seven rebounds ties a career-high.
• With his 15 points, Dunn is now seventh all-time in Baylor history with 1,382 points, passing Kevin Rogers (1,371).
• Dunn has scored 15-plus points in nine straight games.
• Udoh (7 blocks) established career-highs in points (23) and free throws made (13).
• Udoh has blocked five or more shots eight times this season.