Jan. 23, 2008
Box Score |
· Baylor's win snaps a streak of 6 straight losses to Texas A&M.
· The Bears are 6-0 when trailing at halftime.
· Baylor connected on its last 13 free throw attempts, including a perfect 11-for-11 in the fifth overtime.
· The Bears made 24-of-28 (83.0%) free throw attempts over the five overtimes.
· Baylor's 16 wins this season eclipses its win total from 2006-07 (15-16 overall) and marks the most wins in the Scott Drew Era; also the most wins since winning 19 in 2000-01 (last postseason berth; NIT).
· Baylor played its first-ever five-overtime game. The Bears played a four-overtime game against North Texas during the 1988-89 season (BU 96-95).
· The two teams combined for 17 ties and 20 lead changes.
· Baylor made more free throws (39) than field goals (35).
· The Bears' last win over the Aggies was a 67-61 overtime win in College Station during the 2003-04 season (Scott Drew's first season at Baylor).
· Baylor's win over #18 Texas A&M is the Bear's first win over a ranked team this season, and the first since beating No. 13/14 Oklahoma State 74-72 in 2002-03.
· The win snaps a streak of 29 straight losses to ranked opponents.
· The Bears are 3-42 in the last 7 seasons vs. ranked teams.
· Baylor has won four straight true road games, but lost 35 of 37 prior (dating to 2002-03).
· Baylor is 2-0 in Big 12 road games this season (lost 25 straight before this season).
· The Bears win consecutive road games for the first time since 2002-03 (wins at Oklahoma State, at Kansas State).
· Baylor's 16-2 start is its best since the Bears began 24-2 in 1945-46 (SWC champs).
· 4-0 is Baylor's best start in Big 12 play since opening 5-0 in 1997-98.
· The Bears played their first overtime game of the season and the first since a double-overtime game against Colorado State in 2006-07 (BU 87-82).
· Trailing 22-8 with 10:35 remaining in the first half, Baylor put together a 12-0 run over 2:45 minutes to cut the score to 22-20 with 7:50 remaining.
· BU is 7-1 in away games this season (4-0 true road; 3-1 neutral).
· Facing a 50-49 deficit, Baylor outscored Texas A&M 11-1 over the next 4:45 to build a 60-51 lead, its largest lead of the game.
· Baylor is 26-1 in the Drew Era when scoring 80-plus points.
· The Bears are 25-6 when totaling 40+ rebounds over the last 6 seasons.
· Texas A&M made 36-of-59 free throws (61.0%). Baylor's Big 12 opponents are shooting a collective 60.9% (84-for-138) from the free throw stripe against the Bears this season.
· Texas A&M is Baylor's 2nd most-played rival - 196th meeting (A&M leads 124-72).
· The Bears have used the same starting lineup in all 18 games this season.
· Baylor teams have made at least one 3-point field goal in 472 straight games.
· With 19 points and 18 rebounds, Kevin Rogers tallied a double-double for the second straight game. Rogers records consecutive double-doubles for the second time this season (all four on the road; at South Carolina, at Southern, at Nebraska). The 18 rebounds also represent a career high.
· Curtis Jerrells scored a career high 36 points, including 20-for-24 at the free throw line. He also recorded a career high 8 assists to only 2 turnovers in 53 minutes (4.0 assist-to-turnover ratio).
· Aaron Bruce tallied a season high 20 points.
· LaceDarius Dunn recorded a career high 10 rebounds.
· Mamadou Diene recorded 3 blocked shots (has recorded 3 blocked shots in all 4 Big 12 games). He has recorded 16 blocks over the last 6 games.