Jan. 28, 2012
Box Score |
Baylor Photos |
6/7 BAYLOR 76, NR/NR TEXAS 71
FERRELL CENTER • WACO, TEXAS
JAN. 28, 2012 • ATTENDANCE: 10,299
• Today’s attendance of 10,299 is the 12th-largest in Ferrell Center history and second-largest this season.
• Saturday was the Bears’ second consecutive advance sellout. It was the ninth sellout in Scott Drew’s nine-year tenure.
• Baylor is off to a 6-2 conference start for the first time since 1986-87 (Southwest Conference).
• Baylor’s 19-2 start is the best start to a season in program history.
• Baylor is 19-3 all-time when ranked in the Top 10 – 16 of those wins have come this season
• Baylor is 52-17 — 51-16 in the Drew era — when ranked in the Associated Press Top 25, 45-12 when ranked in the USA TODAY/ESPN Coaches Top 25 and 43-11 all-time when ranked simultaneously in both polls.
• Since the start of the 2007-08 season, Baylor is 110-49 and has made three postseason appearances (2008 NCAA, 2009 NIT, 2010 NCAA) and posted three 20-win seasons (135 wins in first 11 seasons of Big 12 era).
• Saturday was the 237th series meeting between Baylor and Texas, the most-played basketball rivalry for both schools. Texas leads the all-time series 157-80 and 66-47 in games played in Waco. The Bears are 5-15 against Texas in the Drew era.
• Baylor is 12-4 in its last 16 games against its three in-state Big 12 opponents – Texas A&M (4-1), Texas Tech (4-1) and Texas (4-2). Baylor is 3-0 against Texas Big 12 schools this season.
• Since the start of the 2007-08 season, Baylor is 67-14 at the Ferrell Center (24-12 in Big 12 home games), including a 41-5 home mark in the last three seasons (15-5 in Big 12 home games).
• Baylor extended its 3-pointer streak to 640 games (second-longest active streak in Big 12) - dating to Feb. 21, 1990.
• Baylor out-rebounded Texas 40-28 – the Bears are 15-0 this season when winning the rebounding battle.
• Sophomore F Perry Jones III had a double-double in the first half (12 points, 10 rebounds).
• Jones III finished the game with 22 points and a career-high 14 rebounds – his second straight double-double, the seventh of his career and his fourth of the season.
• Jones III had his 36th career double-figure scoring game and scored at least 17 points for the fifth time in the last six games. It was his ninth career double-figure rebounding game and his 10th career game with 20+ points.
• Senior F Quincy Acy (10 points, 10 rebounds) had his 13th career double-double and his fourth of the season.
• Acy had his 63rd career double-figure scoring game and his 14th career double-figure rebounding game.
• Freshman F Quincy Miller (18 points) had his 12th double-figure scoring game. He’s scoring in double figures in seven of the last nine games.
• Junior G Pierre Jackson (7 assists) had his seventh straight game with at least seven assists. He has 66 of his 127 assists for the season during that seven-game stretch.
• Sophomore G Brady Heslip has made at least one 3FG in 20 of 21 games this season.
• Heslip (11 points) had his 12th double-figure scoring game.
• 56 of Heslip’s 68 field goals this season have been from 3-point range.
• Heslip missed his first free throw of the season, ending his streak at 19 consecutive made free throws.