Feb. 1, 2012
6/6 BAYLOR 63, NR/NR TEXAS A&M 60
REED ARENA • COLLEGE STATION, TEXAS
FEB. 1, 2012 • ATTENDANCE: 9,309
• Baylor is off to a 7-2 conference start for the first time since 1968-69 (Southwest Conference).
• Baylor extended its program-best start to 20-2 this season.
• Baylor reached the 20-win plateau for the fourth time in the last five seasons.
• Baylor is now 9-1 this season away from home.
o Baylor has won five straight vs. Texas A&M.
o Wednesday was the 205th meeting (and last scheduled game) in the series between Baylor and Texas A&M.
o Baylor trails in all-time series 127-78.
o Baylor has won three of last five games at A&M but trails 74-30 all-time in games played in College Station.
o The final series record as Big 12 foes is Baylor 17-16.
o Scott Drew is now 9-9 all-time vs. Texas A&M.
• Baylor is 20-3 all-time when ranked in the Top 10 – 17 of those wins have come this season
• Baylor is now 53-17 — 52-16 in the Drew era — when ranked in the Associated Press Top 25, 46-12 when ranked in the USA TODAY/ESPN Coaches Top 25 and 44-11 all-time when ranked simultaneously in both polls.
• Since the start of the 2007-08 season, Baylor is 111-49 and has made three postseason appearances (2008 NCAA, 2009 NIT, 2010 NCAA) and posted four 20-win seasons (136 wins in first 11 seasons of Big 12 era).
• Baylor is now 13-4 in its last 17 games against its three in-state Big 12 opponents – Texas A&M (5-1), Texas Tech (4-1) and Texas (4-2). Baylor is 4-0 against Texas Big 12 schools this season.
• Baylor is now 6-1 this season in games decided by five points or fewer.
• Baylor is now 70-9 since the 2007-08 season when holding opponents to fewer than 70 points.
• Baylor committed a season-low seven turnovers.
• Baylor outrebounded A&M 39-36, the Bears are now 16-0 this season when doing so and 105-28 in the Drew Era.
• Baylor held A&M to 39.3% field goal shooting, the fourth time in eight Big 12 games to hold is opponent below 40%.
• Baylor extended its 3-pointer streak to 641 games (second-longest active streak in Big 12) - dating to Feb. 21, 1990.
• Perry Jones scored a team-high 15 points, his 37th career double-figure scoring game.
• Acy had his 64th career double-figure scoring game (11 points).
• Quincy Miller tied his career high with 11 rebounds (in 18 minutes).
• Sophomore G Brady Heslip has made at least one 3FG in 21 of 22 games this season. / 57 of Heslip’s 69 field goals this season have been from 3-point range.
• Pierre Jackson scored 14 points, his seventh double-figure scoring effort over the last eight games.