Feb. 8, 2012
Box Score |
Baylor Photos |
7/10 KANSAS 68, 6/6 BAYLOR 54
FERRELL CENTER • WACO, TEXAS
FEB. 8, 2012 • ATTENDANCE: 10,334
• Tonight’s attendance of 10,334 was the 11th-largest crowd in Ferrell Center history and the 2nd-largest crowd this season.
• Wednesday was the Bears’ third consecutive advance sellout and the 10th sellout in Scott Drew’s nine-year tenure.
• Baylor is 21-4 all-time when ranked in the Top 10 – 18 of those wins have come this season
• Baylor is 54-18 — 53-17 in the Drew era — when ranked in the Associated Press Top 25, 47-13 when ranked in the USA TODAY/ESPN Coaches Top 25 and 45-12 all-time when ranked simultaneously in both polls.
• Since the start of the 2007-08 season, Baylor is 112-50 and has made three postseason appearances (2008 NCAA, 2009 NIT, 2010 NCAA) and posted three 20-win seasons (135 wins in first 11 seasons of Big 12 era).
• Wednesday was the 20th series meeting and the 18th in the Big 12 era. Kansas leads the all-time series 18-2 and is 8-1 in Waco.
• Baylor faced a ranked Kansas team for the 18th consecutive meeting and a top-10 Kansas team for the 11th time.
• Since the start of the 2007-08 season, Baylor is 67-15 at the Ferrell Center (24-13 in Big 12 home games), including a 41-6 home mark in the last three seasons (15-6 in Big 12 home games).
• Baylor is 28-143 all-time against Top 25 teams, including an 11-49 mark in the Drew era.
• Baylor extended its 3-pointer streak to 643 games (second-longest active streak in Big 12) - dating to Feb. 21, 1990.
• Baylor trailed at halftime for the fifth time this season – the Bears are 2-3 in those games.
• Baylor’s 37% field-goal percentage (20-for-54) was its second-lowest of the season and its lowest in a home game.
• Baylor’s two 3-point field goals made tied a season-low (61-52 win vs. Texas A&M on Jan. 12).
• Baylor eight 3-point field goal attempts were three fewer than any previous game this season.
• Baylor’s 54 points tied its lowest in a game this season (54-52 win vs. Mississippi State on Dec. 28).
• Senior F Quincy Acy (11 points, 10 rebounds) had his 15th career double-double and his 3rd in the last four games.
• Acy (11 points) recorded his 66th career double-figure scoring game – it was his 9th straight and 20th of the season.
• Acy (10 rebounds) had his 16th career double-figure rebounding game.
• Sophomore F Cory Jefferson (11 points) had his 5th double-figure scoring game and his first since Nov. 29, 2011.
• Junior G Pierre Jackson has hit at least one 3-point field goal in 9 consecutive games, but his streak of 8 straight games with at least two 3-point field goals came to an end.
• Jackson (16 points) had his 17th double-figure scoring game – it was his 9th in the last 10 games.
• Sophomore F Perry Jones III had a season-high 4 steals.
• Sophomore G Brady Heslip did not make a 3-point field goal for the second time in 24 games this season.