Feb. 25, 2012
#13/14 BAYLOR 70, OKLAHOMA 60
FERRELL CENTER • WACO, TEXAS
FEB. 25, 2012 • ATTENDANCE: 8,002
• Baylor has been ranked in the Top 15 for a program-record 16 consecutive weeks.
• Baylor is 57-20 – 56-19 in the Scott Drew era – when ranked in the Associated Press Top 25, 50-15 when ranked in the USA TODAY/ESPN Coaches Top 25 and 48-14 all-time when ranked simultaneously in both polls.
• Since the start of the 2007-08 season, Baylor is 115-52 and has made three postseason appearances (2008 NCAA, 2009 NIT, 2010 NCAA) and posted three 20-win seasons (135 wins in first 11 seasons of Big 12 era).
• Saturday was the 94th victory for Baylor’s senior class of Quincy Acy, Anthony Jones and Fred Ellis.
• Baylor posted its 11th Big 12 victory of the season, tied for the most Big 12 wins in program history (11 in 2009-10).
• Baylor has won 13 home games this season, tied for the fifth-most in Ferrell Center history.
• Baylor posted its second regular-season series sweep of Oklahoma in the last 3 seasons and 3rd in series history.
• Baylor has completed regular-season series sweeps of both Oklahoma and Oklahoma State in the same season for the first time in program history.
• Saturday was the 47th series meeting between Baylor and Oklahoma. Oklahoma leads the all-time series 37-10 and 16-5 for games played in Waco.
• Baylor has won 9 of its last 13 against the league’s Sooner State schools (Baylor was 6-48 against OU and Oklahoma State in the first 13 seasons of the Big 12 Conference).
• 12 of Baylor’s 15 Big 12 wins against the Oklahoma school have come under head coach Scott Drew.
• Scott Drew has won 151 games as Baylor head coach, tied with Ralph Wolf for the second-most wins in program history.
• Drew is now 5-14 all-time vs. Oklahoma.
• Baylor is 43-37 in Big 12 games in the last five seasons and has tallied the four highest Big 12 win totals in program history during that span — 11 in 2009-10, 9 in 2007-08, 9 in 2011-12 and 7 in 2010-11.
• Since the start of the 2007-08 season, Baylor is 69-16 at the Ferrell Center (26-14 in Big 12 home games).
• Baylor extended its 3-pointer streak to 648 games (second-longest active streak in Big 12) - dating to Feb. 21, 1990.
• Baylor trailed at halftime for the ninth time this season; Baylor is 4-5 when trailing at the half. It is Baylor’s second straight win when trailing at the half (trailed Monday at Texas).
• Baylor has kept 21 opponents to fewer than 70 points this season. Since the start of the 2007-08 season, Baylor is 73-11 when holding opponents to below the 70-point mark.
• In the last five seasons, Baylor is 27-7 in Big 12 games when holding opponents to fewer than 70 points.
• Senior F Quincy Acy played his 130th career game, the third-most all-time at Baylor, passing former teammate Josh Lomers.
• Acy played in his 64th career Big 12 game, tying the school record.
• Acy has 1,262 career points and trails Doug Brandt (1,263) by 1 point for 12th on Baylor’s career list.
• Freshman F Quincy Miller scored in double figures for the 16th time this season.
• Sophomore F Brady Heslip has made a 3FG is 27 of 29 games this season.
• Heslip scored in double figures for the 15th time this season.
• Heslip has hit 2+ 3FG in 21 games this season and has 8 games with 4+ 3FG.
• Junior G A.J. Walton moved into 10th place on Baylor’s career list with 300 assists, passing Matt Sayman (299).
• Junior G Pierre Jackson scored in double figures for the 19th time this season.