NR/NR KANSAS STATE (20-11, 9-9) 77, NR/NR BAYLOR (18-13, 8-10) 67
Saturday, March 3, 2018
Bramlage Coliseum (Manhattan, Kan.)
BAYLOR POSTGAME NOTES
• Baylor finished Big 12 play 8-10, snapping a streak of six straight seasons at .500 or better.
• Baylor is locked in the No. 6 seed at the Big 12 Championship. The Bears will play a quarterfinal game at 8 p.m. CT Thursday, March 8 against either Texas Tech or West Virginia (if TCU wins at Texas Tech, BU faces Tech).
• Saturday was the 39th series meeting between Baylor and Kansas State. BU is now 18-21 against K-State, including 8-11 in Manhattan and 11-14 in the Scott Drew era.
• Drew is in his 15th season at BU and is Baylor’s all-time wins leader (295) – he is 295-193 at BU and 315-204 overall in 16 seasons as a head coach.
• Baylor’s 170 wins since 2011-12 are second most in the Big 12 behind only Kansas (203).
• Baylor is 261-124 since 2007-08, the first year Drew’s staff had a full allotment of scholarships.
• Baylor is 103-86 in Big 12 play since 2008 after going 45-131 in the league’s first 11 seasons.
• Baylor is 170-77 over the last seven seasons.
• Baylor’s bench out-scored K-State’s bench 45-9, marking a 12th straight Big 12 game with more bench points than its opponent. BU’s bench has out-scored opposing benches 336-125 in that 12-game span (28.0 ppg to 10.4 ppg).
• Baylor was out-scored 28-22 in the paint, marking just the 4th time in 31 games this season that BU didn’t out-score its opponent in points in the paint.
• Baylor out-rebounded K-State 27-23, the 24th time the Bears have won the battle of the boards in 31 games.
• Baylor did not record a blocked shot, snapping a streak of 96 straight games with a block dating back to Nov. 16, 2015 vs. Oregon.
• Baylor has the Big 12’s second longest active streak and the 12th longest nationally with at least one three-point field goal made in 867 consecutive games.
• Baylor started Manu Lecomte, Jake Lindsey, Mark Vital, Tristan Clark and Jo Lual-Acuil for the 9th time this season. BU is 5-4 with that starting lineup.
• Nuni Omot (career-high-tying 30 points) posted his 2nd 30-point game of the season and 4th 20-point game of the season.
• Omot scored in double-figures for the 12th time this season and 13th time in his BU career.
• Omot made a career-high-tying 6 3-pointers on 9 attempts. He previously went 6-of-6 from 3-point range at Oklahoma on Jan. 30, 2018.
• Omot made a career-high 8 free throws on a career-high 9 attempts.
• Terry Maston (11 points) scored in double-figures for the 12th time this season and 30th time in his career.
• Manu Lecomte had 5 assists, his 10th game this season and 26th of his career with 5+ assists.
• Jake Lindsey had a team-high and season-high 7 rebounds and added 4 assists with just 1 turnover.