Baylor, Kansas Postgame Notes
- Baylor is now 4-19 all-time against Kansas, including 2-8 in Waco.
- All 81 points were scored by Baylor's starting five of Heslip, Walton, Jackson, Jefferson and Austin.
- The win was the highest ranked team Baylor has defeated since knocking off then-No. 3 Kansas on March 9, 2012 at the Big 12 Tournament in Kansas City.
- The win marked the highest ranked team the Bears have beat in in the regular season since defeating then-No. 3 Arkansas 82-77 on Feb. 10 1990 in Waco
- Scott Drew recorded his 173rd career win at Baylor, 28 shy of Bill Henderson's school record.
- Baylor now has multiple wins over AP Top 25 teams for the sixth consecutive season.
- The Bears picked up their first regular-season win over Kansas since Feb. 12, 2001, snapping a 12-game losing streak vs. KU in regular season play.
- The win was the ninth Big 12 victory of year, tying the 2007-08 squad for third-most in program history.
- The victory gives Baylor 18+ wins for the sixth-consecutive season. The Bears only had eight 18+ win seasons in their first 101 years of basketball.
- Baylor (9-9 Big 12) has now finished with a .500 record or better in seven of the last 25 seasons.
- The Bears are now 139-68 since the start of the 2007-08 season.
- Baylor is now 53-47 in Big 12 games since 2007-08, eight more than it had in its first 11 years (45-131).
- Baylor is now 24-24 in the month of March under Drew.
- Baylor has made at least one 3-point field goal in 688 consecutive games - the second-longest active streak in the Big 12 (Texas). The last time Baylor did not connect from 3-point range was Feb. 21, 1990 vs. Texas Tech.
- The Bears have win 19 of 20 and 40 of its last 42 games when leading at the half. BU led 37-28.
- Baylor is now 12-0 when scoring at least 37 points in the first half.
- The Bears are 10-2 overall and 5-1 in Big 12 play when scoring over 80 points.
- Baylor is 10-0 overall and 6-0 in Big 12 play when its opponent scores under 60.
- Baylor's field goal percentage of .577 (30-of-52) was the second highest of the season and highest in Big 12 play. The Bears shot .645 in the season opener vs. Lehigh on Nov. 9, 2012.
- Pierre Jackson (28 points) has scored in double-figures in 37 of his last 38 games.
- Jackson (28 pts, 10 ast) recorded his 14th double-double of the year and 19th of his career.
- Jackson has made at least one 3-point field goal in 42 consecutive games, which is the 2nd-longest streak in program history behind LaceDarius Dunn's 45 consecutive games.
- Jackson had his 19th career 20-point game (14th of season).
- Jackson (1,106 career points) moved into 19th on Baylor's all-time scoring list (5th among players with less than 100 games played).
- Jackson (197 assists) sits in third on Baylor's single-season assists list behind his own mark of 223, set in 2011-12.
- Cory Jefferson (25 pts) recorded his fourth 20-point game of the season and career.
- Jefferson registered his 24th career double-figure scoring performance and 19th of the year.
- Jefferson's three 3-pointers were a career high and the first of his career.
- Jefferson's 3 blocks moved him to fifth on BU's all-time list with 108, passing Willie Sublett (106).
- A.J. Walton passed LaceDarius Dunn for second on the program's all-time games played list (135) and sits four away from tying Quincy Acy's record of 139.
- Walton (12 pts) totaled his 11th double-figure scoring performance of the year and 22nd of his career.
- Isaiah Austin (11 pts) registered his 23rd double-figure scoring performance of the year.