March 18, 2010
Box Score |
19/21  BAYLOR (27-6) 68, NR/NR  SAM HOUSTON STATE (25-8) 59
NEW ORLEANS ARENA • NEW ORLEANS, LA.
MARCH 18, 2010
• Today’s win is Baylor’s school-record 26th of the season (surpasses mark of 1945-46 squad that finished 25-5 and won the SWC).
• NCAA TOURNAMENT: Baylor won its first NCAA tournament game since 1950 and increased it all-time record in NCAA games to 4-7 in six appearances; Scott Drew is now 1-1 in NCAA games as a head coach.
• THE SERIES: Baylor now leads 7-3 all-time in its series vs. SHSU and snapped a two-game losing streak in the series. • Baylor advances to the NCAA Tournament second round for the first time since the championship expanded past 32 teams in 1979 (this is Baylor’s first-ever appearance in the Round of 32).
• Baylor is 9-3 in its last 12 postseason games (conference, NIT & NCAA) dating to 2009 postseason.
• Today’s win improves Baylor record to 33-9 over its last 42 games (dating to end of 2008-09 regular season).
• Including the 2009 Big 12 Championship, Baylor is now 18-8 in its last 26 games away from home, including a 12-4 record in neutral games.
• Baylor is 25-3 this season when outshooting (FG%) its opponents – today 44.1% to 33.8%.
• Baylor is 22-4 this season when outrebounding its opponents – today 47 to 37.
• Baylor has made at least one 3-point field goal in 584 consecutive games - the second-longest active streak in the Big 12 behind Texas.
• Ekpe Udoh notched a 20-point, 13-rebound double-double today, his 15th of the season.
• With 13 points today, LaceDarius Dunn moved into 6th place on Baylor’s all-time scoring list with 1,668 career points (passed Aundre Branch’s 1,666).
• With 13 rebounds tonight, Ekpe Udoh moved into 5th place on Baylor’s single-season rebounds list with 325.
• Anthoney Jones recorded his 7th double-figure scoring game of the season (10 points).
• LaceDarius Dunn and Josh Lomers made their 42nd consecutive starts dating back to Baylor’s postseason run in 2008-09.
• Junior F Ekpe Udoh and sophomore G/F Anthony Jones made their 33rd straight starts.