12/11 BAYLOR (27-7) 82, NR/RV USC (26-10) 78
March 19, 2017
BOK Center (Tulsa, Okla.)
BAYLOR POSTGAME NOTES
• Baylor is 13-12 all-time in 11 NCAA Tournament appearances.
• BU is 10-6 in seven NCAA Tournament appearances under Scott Drew.
• Baylor advanced to the NCAA Tournament Sweet 16 for the 4th time in the last 8 seasons. The Bears went 4-0 in Second Round games to reach the Sweet 16 each of those years (2010, 2012, 2014, 2017).
• Baylor’s 27 wins are the 3rd-most in program history (30 in 2012, 28 in 2010).
• Baylor is 48-29 in games decided by 5 or fewer points since 2008-09.
• Baylor improved to 14-6 against the 2017 NCAA Tournament field.
• Baylor is now 2-1 all-time against USC. All games in the series have been played at neutral sites.
• Baylor is 118-16 since 2011-12 when leading at halftime.
• Drew, the program’s all-time win leader, is in his 15th season overall (297-190) and 14th at BU (277-179).
• Drew is 243-110 since 2007-08 – the first year he had a full allotment of scholarships.
• Baylor is 152-63 since 2011-12.
• Baylor is 31-15 in postseason tournaments (conference, national) over the last nine seasons.
• Baylor, Gonzaga and UCLA are the nation’s only teams that are undefeated against non-conference opponents this season.
• Baylor is 49-9 since 2015-16 when taking a lead at any point in the second half.
• Baylor is 18-3 this season when leading at halftime.
• Baylor’s starting lineup was Jo Lual-Acuil Jr., Manu Lecomte, Ishmail Wainright, King McClure and Johnathan Motley – the group is 6-3 on the season as a starting unit.
• Baylor has made at least one 3-point field goal in 834 consecutive games – the second-longest active streak in the Big 12 (Texas). The last time Baylor did not connect from 3-point range was Feb. 21, 1990 vs. Texas Tech.
• Johnathan Motley (19 points, 10 rebounds) had his 15th double-double of the season, tying for 5th-most in a season in program history. It was his 20th career double-double, tied for 9th-most in program history.
• Motley (19 points) scored in double figures for the 29th time this season, 17th game in a row and 54th time in his career.
• Manu Lecomte (12 points) scored all of his points in the final 5 minutes. He recorded his 21st double-figure scoring game of the season and the 46th of his Division I career.
• Lecomte (5 assists) had his 9th game this season with 5+ assists and the 16th of his DI career.
• Ishmail Wainright played in his 131st career game, tying Tweety Carter for 5th-most in BU history.
• Wainright (5 assists) had his 10th game this season and 22nd of his career with 5+ assists. BU is 21-1 when he records 5+ assists.
• Wainright played in his 91st career win, tied for 5th-most in program history. Baylor has won 99 games during Wainright’s career, tied for 3rd-most in a four-year span.
• Terry Maston (19 points) scored in double-figures for the 10th time this season and 18th time in his career.
• King McClure career-high tying17 points) scored in double-figures for the 7th time this season and 13th time in his career.McClure made a career-high 5-of-8 3-pointers.