Baylor, Arizona State Postgame Notes
March 22, 2013
- Baylor is the only Texas school out of 21 D-1 programs to still be playing in an NCAA-run postseason tournament.
- Baylor is now 12-2 when scoring at least 80 points in a game.
- Baylor set a season high with 60 points in a half (second). Its previous high was 57 vs. Long Beach State on March 20, 2013.
- Baylor scored 80 or more points in a game for the 14th time this season and the 87th (78-9) time in the Drew era.
- The Bears are now 6-9 this season when recording equal or fewer rebounds than their opponent.
- Baylor has made at least one 3-point field goal in 691 consecutive games - the second-longest active streak in the Big 12 (Texas). The last time Baylor did not connect from 3-point range was Feb. 21, 1990 vs. Texas Tech.
- Scott Drew recorded his 175th career win at Baylor, 26 shy of Bill Henderson's school record.
- The victory gives Baylor its fifth 20-win season in the last six years. BU had only three 20-win seasons in its first 101 years of basketball.
- The Bears are now 141-69 since the start of the 2007-08 season.
- Baylor is now 26-25 in the month of March under Drew.
- The Bears are now 5-7 this season when scoring under 30 points in the first half.
- Baylor is now 5-13 when trailing at the half.
- Baylor is now 5-2 vs. ASU all-time and 2-0 in games played in Waco.
- BU is now 4-0 all-time against ASU in the Drew era.
- Baylor is 15-13 all-time in postseason play.
- Baylor is now 6-4 all-time (five appearances) and 3-0 at home in NIT play.
- Baylor is 12-4 in the postseason under Scott Drew.
- Baylor has had at least two postseason wins in each of the last four seasons.
- Pierre Jackson (26 pts, 16 ast) recorded his third double-double of the season and eighth of his career.
- Jackson registered the second 20-15 game of his career and 22nd overall at BU. He is the only player in program history to record it with points and assists.
- Jackson had 16 assists - the most by any player in the NIT's 76-year history (previous best was 14 on four occasions).
- Jackson with 26 points tonight stayed in 18th place on Baylor's career scoring chart with 1,174.
- Jackson has scored in double-figures in 40 of his last 41 games.
- Jackson moved into a fourth on the all-time in Baylor single-season scoring with 651 points.
- Jackson has made at least one 3-point field goal in 45 consecutive games, which ties the longest streak in program history with LaceDarius Dunn.
- Cory Jefferson (21 pts) recorded his 22nd double-figure scoring performance of the year and 27th of his career.
- Jefferson is seventh on the single-season block list with 68, one behind Brian Skinner's 69 from 1994-95.
- A.J. Walton is second on the program's all-time games played list (138) and sits one away from tying Quincy Acy's record of 139.
- Walton (95) is two wins shy of Quincy Acy's school record of 97.
- Brady Heslip has made one 3-point basket in 63 of 71 career games.
- Heslip scored in double figures for the 34th time in his career and the 13th time this season.
- In five career postseason games, Heslip is 28-47 (.596) on three-point field goals.
- Isaiah Austin (13 pts) was in double figures for the 25th time this season.
- Austin (3 blocks) now sits alone in eighth on the single-season list with 53.
- Jackson recorded a career high with 16 assists, tying Nelson Haggerty (16 vs. UMKC 2/1/95) for the fourth-highest single-game total in program history.
- Jackson (222 assists) sits in third on Baylor's single-season assists list behind his own mark of 223, set in 2011-12. The 16x assists were the most by a Baylor player in an NIT game, surpassing Tweety Carter's nine vs. Georgetown (3/18/09) and A.J. Walton's nine vs. Long Beach State (3/20/13).
- Jackson tied a season high with four steals matching his four at Kentucky (12/1/12) and vs. BYU (12/21/12).