March 27, 2013
Box Score |
Baylor Photos |
- Baylor is the only Texas school out of 21 D-1 programs to still be playing in an NCAA-run postseason tournament.
- Baylor is now 2-0 all-time vs. Providence.
- Baylor is now 17-8 when scoring at least 70 points.
- Baylor is 10-1 when shooting 50 percent or higher, including 92-9 under Drew.
- The Bears are 21-9 this season when their opponent shoots lower than 50 percent.
- The Bears are now 7-9 this season when recording equal or fewer rebounds than their opponent.
- Baylor has made at least one 3-point field goal in 692 consecutive games – the second-longest active streak in the Big 12 (Texas). The last time Baylor did not connect from 3-point range was Feb. 21, 1990 vs. Texas Tech.
- Scott Drew recorded his 176th career win at Baylor, 25 shy of Bill Henderson’s school record.
- Baylor improves its all-time record in the NIT to 7-4, 7-1 in the Drew era and 4-0 at home.
- The Bears are now 142-69 since the start of the 2007-08 season.
- Baylor is now 27-25 in the month of March under Drew.
- Baylor is now 16-13 all-time in postseason play, 13-4 under Drew.
- The Bears have at least three postseason wins in each of its last four postseason appearances (2009 NIT, 2010 NCAA, 2012 NCAA).
- The win ties for the 7th highest win total in a single season (21 in 2007-08).
- Pierre Jackson (20 pts, 13 ast) recorded his fourth double-double of the season and ninth of his career. It marked the third time in his career he has recorded back-to-back double-doubles, including two in postseason play. His last consecutive double-double occurred on March 17/23, 2012 with win over Colorado and Xavier in the NCAA Tournament.
- Jackson registered his 17th 20-plus point game of the season and 22nd of his career.
- Jackson with 20 points tonight stayed in 18th place on Baylor's career scoring chart with 1,194.
- Jackson has scored in double-figures in 41 of his last 42 games.
- Jackson moved into second on the all-time in Baylor single-season scoring with 671 points.
- Jackson has made at least one 3-point field goal in a school record 46 consecutive games, which surpasses LaceDarius Dunn’s previous mark of 45.
- Jefferson recorded his 23rd double-figure scoring performance of the year and 28th of his career.
- Jefferson is now tied with Quincy Acy (2011-12) for fifth on the single season blocks list with 70.
- A.J. Walton tied Quincy Acy’s record for most games played at Baylor with 139.
- Walton (96) is one win shy of Quincy Acy’s school record of 97.
- Brady Heslip has made at least one 3-point basket in 64 of 72 career games.
- Rico Gathers (10 rebounds) recorded his seventh double-figure rebound game of the season.
- Jackson (235 assists) sits in second on Baylor's single-season assists list behind Nelson Haggerty’s mark of 284.
- Jackson (458 assists) is six assists away from tying Michael Williams for fourth on the program’s all-time assists list.
- Cory Jefferson tied a career high with 26 points, which he also set vs. Lehigh on Nov. 9, 2012.