Baylor, Iowa Postgame Notes
- Tonight's win marks Baylor's first NIT championship and the school's first-ever postseason tournament title.
- Baylor becomes the first Big 12 school to win the NIT championship.
- Tonight was Baylor's school-record fifth postseason victory of the season.
- Baylor's all-time record in the NIT is now 9-4 (five tournaments).
- Baylor is now 9-1 in NIT play under Scott Drew.
- Baylor is now 3-1 in NIT games played in Madison Square Garden.
- Baylor's all-time record in postseason is now 18-13 (9-9 NCAA, 9-4 NIT).
- Baylor is now 15-4 in postseason play under Scott Drew.
- Baylor is now 21-8 in postseason (conference and national) tournaments over the last five seasons (10-3 last two years).
- Scott Drew is now 15-5 as a head coach in postseason games (6-3 NCAA, 9-2 NIT).
- All-time series record vs. Iowa is now tied 1-1.
- All-time series record vs. Big Ten teams is now 14-20.
- Baylor finished 19-8 this season when scoring at least 70 points.
- Baylor held Iowa to 54 points and was 11-0 this season (66-4 in Drew Era) when holding foes under 60 points.
- Baylor's 7 team blocks set a new school record in NIT games.
- Baylor finished among the Top 3 in the following single-season team stat categories:
- Baylor led 27-22 at the half and finished season 18-1 when leading at the half.
- Baylor extended its 3-pointer streak to 694 games (second-longest active streak in Big 12), dating to Feb. 21, 1990.
- Assists, 2nd all-time with 587
- Points, 3rd all-time with 2,811
- Field Goals, 3rd all-time with 1,002
- Rebounds, 3rd all-time with 1,387
- Blocks, 3rd all-time with 166
- Games Played, 3rd all-time with 37
- Pierre Jackson was named NIT Most Outstanding Player, Cory Jefferson and Isaiah Austin were named to the NIT All-Tournament Team.
- A.J. Walton...
- established a new school record for career wins with 98.
- set a Baylor record for steals in an NIT game with 6.
- Pierre Jackson...
- with 17 points tonight broke the school's single-season scoring mark, finished with 712 points (eclipsed previous record of 704 set by LaceDarius Dunn in 2009-10).
- with 17 points tonight finished 14th on Baylor's career scoring list with 1,235 points (in two seasons).
- with game-high 10 assists tonight finished 3rd on Baylor's career assists list with (468). - also set Baylor single-game record in NIT.
- finished with 10 assists, his fourth-straight double-figure effort, and fifth of the season.
- Isaiah Austin...
- tied his career-high with 5 blocks tonight - also broke Baylor NIT single-game mark.
- scored in double-digits for the 27th time this season.
- with 5 blocks tonight finished 7th on the Big 12's Freshman single-season blocks list with 58.
- Cory Jefferson...
- finished with game-high 23 points, his fourth-straight 20-point scoring effort and eighth of the season.
- finished with 7 free throws, a new Baylor single-game NIT record.