Nov. 11, 2012
NO. 19/18 BAYLOR 78, NR/NR JACKSON STATE 47
FERRELL CENTER WACO, TEXAS
NOV. 11, 2012 ATTENDANCE: 5,846
- Baylor is 65-23 - 64-22 in the Drew era - when ranked in the AP Top 25 poll, 57-18 when ranked in the USA TODAY/ESPN Top 25 and 56-17 when ranked simultaneously in both polls.
- Baylor is 46-7 in its last 53 home games at the Ferrell Center and 71-16 at home in the last 6 seasons.
- Baylor is now 6-0 all-time against Jackson State and 43-0 against members of the SWAC.
- Baylor is 38-6 in the month of November under Drew and has won 21 consecutive November home games.
- Dating back to the 2006-07 season, Baylor is 52-3 in non-conference home games.
- Baylor has won 29 consecutive non-conference home games. The last loss at home to a non-conference opponent was an 85-84 defeat to South Carolina on Jan. 2, 2009.
- Baylor has made at least one 3-point field goal in 659 consecutive games - the second-longest active streak in the Big 12 (Texas). The last time Baylor did not connect from 3-point range was Feb. 21, 1990 vs. Texas Tech.
- The Bears have scored at least 70 points in each of its last five games 12 of its last 13.
- Cory Jefferson (14 points) recorded his seventh career double-figure point total and second of the season.
- Pierre Jackson's 25 points marked his sixth 20-plus point game, 29th double-figure scoring game and 10th consecutive in double figures.
- Jackson is now averaging 9.5 assists in his first two games.
- Freshman forward Rico Gathers (13 points, 10 rebounds) recorded his first career double-double and first double-figure scoring performance.
- Taurean Prince (11 points) notched his first career double-figure scoring game.
- Gary Franklin had a career high two steals.