Nov. 12, 2011
12/12 BAYLOR 77, TEXAS SOUTHERN 57
FERRELL CENTER • WACO, TEXAS
NOV. 11, 2011 • ATTENDANCE: 7,359
• Friday’s game was Baylor’s earliest season opener in the modern era (beginning with the 1937-38 season).
• Baylor leads the all-time series 6-0 – 3-0 in the Scott Drew era.
• Baylor is 8-1 in regular-season openers under Drew.
• Baylor is 8-1 in home openers under Drew.
• Baylor is 33-15 – 32-14 in the Drew era – when ranked in the AP Top 25 poll, 25-11 when ranked in the USA TODAY/ESPN Top 25 and 23-10 when ranked simultaneously in both polls.
• Baylor is 31-4 in its last 35 home games at the Ferrell Center and 57-13 at home in the last five seasons.
• Baylor is 40-0 all-time against Southwestern Athletic Conference schools, including a 21-0 mark under Drew.
• Baylor is 31-6 in the month of November under Drew and has won 14 consecutive November home games.
• Dating back to the 2006-07 season, Baylor is 43-3 in non-conference home games.
• Baylor has made at least one 3-point field goal in 620 consecutive games – the second-longest active streak in the Big 12 (Texas). The last time Baylor did not connect from 3-point range was Feb. 21, 1990 vs. Texas Tech.
• Freshman Forward Quincy Miller recorded his career-first start.
• Sophomore Guard Brady Heslip recorded his career-first start.
• Anthony Jones recorded his third career double-double.
• Cory Jefferson recorded his career-first double-double
• Jefferson had a career-high 10 points.
• Anthony Jones had a career high 12 rebounds.
• Jones made his 68th consecutive career start.
• Senior PF Quincy Acy scored 11 points. Acy needs 84 (currently has 916) points to become the 25th 1,000-point scorer in Baylor history.
• Sophomore PF Perry Jones III served the second of his six-game suspension to start the season (he sat the final game of the 2010-11 season and will sit out the first five of 2011-12).