Nov. 15, 2009
BAYLOR (2-0) 71, HARTFORD (0-2) 69
FERRELL CENTER • WACO, TEXAS
NOV. 15, 2009 • ATTENDANCE: 5,026
• Sunday was in the second series meeting between the schools.
• Andres Torres (12 assists) is the first opposing to player to reach double-figure assist totals since Marcus Hall (10 assists) of Colorado, March 13, 2008.
• Hartford is the first BU opponent with 10+ 3-point field goals since Iowa State (10) last season in Ames.
• Baylor is 21-5 in the month of November under Drew.
• Baylor has won 12 of its last 13 non-conference November home games.
• Baylor is 2-0 vs. teams from the America East Conference.
• Baylor has made at least one 3-point field goal in 553 consecutive games – the second-longest active streak in the Big 12.
• The six-point half-time deficit marks the first time Baylor has trailed at the half since March 18, 2009 when the Bears trailed Georgetown, 44-34.
• Baylor has now won 197 games at the Ferrell Center.
• Freshman PG A.J. Walton, junior F Ekpe Udoh and sophomore G/F Anthony Jones made their second straight starts.
• Udoh establishes a new career-high with 21 points.
• Udoh has posted three or more blocks in 28 career games and in five consecutive games dating back to the end of the 2007-08 season at Michigan.
• Udoh becomes the first Bear with five blocked shots in a game since Mamadou Diene blocked five against Kansas, March 12, 2009.
• Udoh made his first 3-point basket as a Bear and his first since Purdue in 2008.
• Udoh has scored in double-figures in back-to-back games for the first time in his career
• LaceDarius Dunn has made a 3-pointer in 14 consecutive games dating back to last season.
• Dunn moved into 17th place on Baylor’s career scoring list with 1,096 points.
• Dunn has scored in double figures in each of his last 15 games dating back to last season.
• Dunn now has seven career games with 25+ points.
• Dunn has nine career games with 6+ 3-point field goals made.
• Dunn has 17 20-point games in 72 career contests.
• Dunn has made four or more 3-pointers in 21 career games.
• Dunn remains sixth all-time at Baylor with 193 career 3-point field goals.
• Walton’s five assists matches a career-high from Friday night.