Nov. 24, 2012
COLLEGE OF CHARLESTON 63, NO. 24/21 BAYLOR 59
FERRELL CENTER • WACO, TEXAS
NOV. 24, 2012 • ATTENDANCE: 5,768
• Saturday was the first-ever meeting between Baylor and College of Charleston.
• Baylor is 28-7 against first-time opponents in the Scott Drew era, including wins in 15 of its last 16 regular-season contests against first-time opponents.
• Baylor is 67-25 – 66-24 in the Drew era – when ranked in the AP Top 25 poll, 60-20 when ranked in the USA TODAY/ESPN Top 25 and 58-19 when ranked simultaneously in both polls.
• Baylor is 46-8 in its last 54 home games at the Ferrell Center and 71-17 at home in the last 6 seasons.
• Baylor is now 4-2 all-time against teams currently playing as members of the Southern Conference.
• Baylor is 40-8 in the month of November under Drew, including a 17-2 record in its last 19 November games.
• Baylor had its 29-game winning streak in non-conference home games snapped. It was the Bears’ first non-conference home loss since Jan. 2, 2009, against South Carolina.
• Baylor has made at least one 3-point field goal in 663 consecutive games – the second-longest active streak in the Big 12 (Texas). The last time Baylor did not connect from 3-point range was Feb. 21, 1990 vs. Texas Tech.
• The Bears are 4-0 this season when shooting 50% or better from the field and 0-2 when shooting below 50% on field goals.
• Pierre Jackson (21 points) scored in double figures for the 14th straight game. He’s averaging 18.8 (263 thru 14) points and 6.5 (91 thru 14) assists per game during the streak.
• Jackson had his 8th career 20-point game and 3rd 20-point game of the season.
• Jackson had his 32nd career double-figure scoring game (Bears are 24-8 in those games), and he has scored in double figures in 21 of 26 career starts.
• Jackson had a season high 5 rebounds.
• Jackson has hit a 3-point basket in each of his first six games this season.
• Isaiah Austin (12 points) scored in double figures for the 4th time in five career games.
• Gary Franklin made his first career start at Baylor – it was his 12th career start (11 as freshman at Cal in 2010-11).
• Brady Heslip sat out after having his appendix removed on Tuesday. It was his first game missed after starting 42 of his first 43 career games.
• J’Mison Morgan made his first appearance of the 2012-13 season.
• A.J. Walton had a season high 6 rebounds.