Nov. 27, 2009
Box Score |
BAYLOR (5-1) 72, IONA (3-2) 62
MILK HOUSE • LAKE BUENA VISTA, FLA.
NOV. 27, 2009 • ATTENDANCE: 1,915
• Baylor is 24-6 in the month of November under Scott Drew.
• Baylor has won 15 of its last 17 non-conference November home games.
• Baylor is 8-5 in regular season tournaments in the Drew era.
• Baylor is 4-0 this season when leading at halftime and 67-16 in the Drew era.
• Baylor is 13-11 at neutral sites in the Drew era.
• Baylor is 30-28 all-time in overtime games and 7-2 in the Drew era.
• Baylor will face Xavier Sunday at Noon EST in the fifth-place game on ESPNU.
• Baylor has made at least one 3-point field goal in 557 consecutive games – the second-longest active streak in the Big 12.
• A season-high five players scored in double figures for the Bears. It is the most since six Bears reached the double-digit mark in an 84-66 win at Virginia Tech (March 21, 2009).
• Junior F Ekpe Udoh and sophomore G/F Anthony Jones made their sixth straight starts.
• LaceDarius Dunn and Josh Lomers made their 15th consecutive starts dating back to Baylor’s postseason run in 2008-09.
• Lomers’ streak of 12 consecutive field goals made was snapped in the second half. It was the longest streak by a Baylor player since Quincy Acy made a school- and Big 12 record 20 consecutive field goals at the beginning of the 2008-09 season. Lomers’ streak dated back to the second half of the Hardin-Simmons game (Nov. 22).
• Lomers has scored 10 or more points in consecutive games for the first time in his career.
• Jones established career highs in points (15) and rebounds (11).
• Jones posted his first career double-double.
• Udoh has recorded multiple blocks in 10 consecutive games dating back to the final four of the 2007-08 season at Michigan.
• Udoh has recorded two or more blocks in 54 of his 73 career games.
• Udoh recorded his fourth double-double at Baylor and the fifth of his career.
• Udoh has tied his career high in rebounds (11) in three different games this season.
• Udoh has scored in double-figures in six straight games for the first time in his career.
• LaceDarius Dunn has made a 3-pointer in 18 consecutive games dating back to last season, tying for the sixth-longest streak in school history.
• Dunn has scored in double figures in each of his last 19 games dating back to last season.