Box Score |
RV/RV BAYLOR 64, 8/8 KENTUCKY 55
RUPP ARENA • LEXINGTON, KY.
DEC. 1, 2012 • ATTENDANCE: 24,192
• Baylor’s win snapped Kentucky’s nation-leading 55-game home winning streak – UK hadn’t lost at home since March 4, 2009. It was the first time the Wildcats have lost at home during the four-year tenure of John Calipari.
• The win was Baylor’s first non-conference road win against an AP Top 25 ranked team in program history (1-18).
• Baylor defeated Kentucky for the first time in program history, improving to 1-7 in the all-time series.
• Baylor has a 5-2 or better record through the first seven games for the 7th consecutive season.
• Baylor is now 150-271 all-time against teams currently playing as members of the Southeast Conference.
• Baylor is now 9-67 all-time against teams ranked in the top 10 of the AP Top 25 Poll, including a 2-4 record against teams ranked No. 8.
• Baylor is now 30-146 all-time against AP Top 25 teams, including a 7-73 record in road games and a 13-52 record in the Scott Drew era.
• Baylor is 39-12 in the month of December under Drew, including a 31-3 record in its last 34 December games and an active 9-game winning streak in December games.
• Baylor is now 89-25 against non-conference competition in the Drew era.
• Saturday’s game was Baylor’s first road game against an AP top-10 team since Dec. 12, 1986 at Illinois.
• All five Baylor starters scored in double figures for the first time this season.
• Baylor has made at least one 3-point field goal in 664 consecutive games – the second-longest active streak in the Big 12 (Texas). The last time Baylor did not connect from 3-point range was Feb. 21, 1990 vs. Texas Tech.
• The Bears won for the first time this season when shooting below 50% from the field. The Bears are 76-118 in the Drew era when shooting below 50% on field goals.
• Baylor is now 3-8 all-time in the state of Kentucky, with two wins at Murray State and one at Kentucky.
• Pierre Jackson (17 points) scored in double figures for the 15th straight game. He’s averaging 18.7 points and 6.4 assists per game during the streak.
• Jackson had his 33rd career double-figure scoring game (Bears are 25-8 in those games), and he has scored in double figures in 22 of 27 career starts.
• Brady Heslip returned to the starting lineup after missing one game while recovering from an appendectomy.
• Cory Jefferson (10 points) scored in double figures for the 5th time in seven games this season and 10th time in his career.
• Jefferson (5 blocks) had his 17th career game with 2+ blocks, and Baylor is 15-2 in those games.
• A.J. Walton (season-high 11 points) had his 13th career double-figure scoring game (2nd of season).
• Isaiah Austin (11 points) scored in double figures for the 5th time in six career games.