Dec. 1, 2013
Box Score |
18/17 BAYLOR (7-1) 104, HARDIN-SIMMONS (0-4) 59
Dec. 1, 2013
the Ferrell Center (Waco, Texas)
BAYLOR POSTGAME NOTES
• The game was televised on Fox Sports Southwest, marking the 73rd consecutive TV game for Baylor.
• Baylor is 151-70 since the start of the 2007-08 season.
• Baylor is now 43-14 in December games during the Drew era.
• The Bears scored at least 100 points for the 65th time in school history, and the 13th time in the Drew era. Baylor is 62-3 overall and 13-0 under Drew in those games. Baylor has scored 100 points four times against Hardin-Simmons and is 4-0 against the Cowboys in those games.
• Baylor's 104 points was a season-high, and the most since a 112-66 win over Long Beach State, March 20, 2013.
• Six different Baylor players scored in double figures for the first time this season. It was the fourth-straight game that at least five Bears have scored in double figures.
• Baylor's 27 assists marked a season-high, passing a previous high of 19 (11/25) against Chaminade.
• The Bears shot .633 (38-60), the highest shooting percentage of the season, and the highest mark since shooting .635 against Long Beach State, March 20, 2013.
• Nine different Bears played at least 10 minutes in the game for the seventh time in eight games this season.
• Baylor has made at least one 3-point field goal in 702 consecutive games - the 2nd-longest active streak in the Big 12 (Texas). The last time Baylor did not connect from 3-point range was Feb. 21, 1990 vs. Texas Tech.
• The Bears never trailed after Ish Wainright's field goal with 15:20 remaining in the first half gave BU 10-8 lead.
• Baylor hit 10 3-pointers on 19 attempts, the second-highest total of the season (11-25 vs. Chaminade, Nov. 25), and it marked the first time that the Bears shot better than 50 percent from beyond the arc this season (.526).
• The Bears collected a season-high eight steals in the win, passing their previous high of seven vs. Chaminade, Nov. 25.
• Jefferson (18 points) had his 37th career double-figure scoring game (7th of season and 6th straight), and Baylor is 29-8 all-time when he scores in double figures.
• Cory Jefferson recorded a double-double with 16 points and 10 rebounds; it marked the 4th time this season and the 15th time in his career the forward has posted a double-double.
• Jefferson started his 45th consecutive game after beginning the streak with one start in his first 55 games played.
• Senior Brady Heslip (17 points; 5-of-8 3FGs) has hit at least one 3FG in 72 of 82 career games, including 54 games with 2 or more, 39 games with 3+ 3FGs made, 22 games with 4 or more treys, and it was his 10th game with at least five 3-point field goals.
• Heslip scored in double figures for the seventh time in eight games this season and the 41st time in his career - Baylor is 33-8 when he scores 10+ points.
• Taurean Prince scored a season-high 13 points and reached double figures for the 2nd time this season.
• Isaiah Austin (12 points) had his 5th double-figure scoring game of the season and the 32nd of his 43-game career.
• Royce O'Neale matched his season high with six rebounds.
• Gary Franklin tied his career high with six assists; he previously had six against Chaminade, Nov. 25 and last season against Long Beach State, March 20.
• Ish Wainright had career highs in points (9) and assists (6) in the victory.