8/8 WICHITA STATE (6-1) 69, 16/16 BAYLOR (5-2) 62
Dec. 2, 2017
Ferrell Center (Waco, Texas)
BAYLOR POSTGAME NOTES
• Baylor and Wichita State met for the fifth time – WSU takes a 3-2 lead in the series, including 2-1 in Waco. The Bears are 1-1 against the Shockers under Scott Drew.
• Baylor is 132-28 in November and December games in the Drew era, including a 50-6 mark since 2013.
• Baylor is 65-16 in December under Drew.
• Drew is in his 15th season at BU and is Baylor’s all-time wins leader (282) – he is 282-182 at BU and 302-193 overall in 16 seasons as a head coach.
• Baylor’s 157 wins since 2011-12 are second most in the Big 12 behind only Kansas (184).
• Baylor is 248-113 since 2007-08, the first year Drew’s staff had a full allotment of scholarships.
• Baylor is 157-66 over the last six-plus seasons.
• Baylor started Jo Lual-Acuil Jr., Nuni Omot, Tristan Clark, Manu Lecomte and King McClure for the sixth straight game, and the group is 5-2 as a starting unit this season.
• Baylor trailed by seven with 16:33 remaining in the second period, but rallied back to tie the game at 62-62 with 3:10 left in the game. The Shockers closed the game on a 7-0 run on a three-point FG and four free throws.
• Baylor is 20-3 against non-Big 12 teams since the start of the 2015-16 season – the only losses are in the 2017 Sweet 16 to South Carolina, at No. 21 Xavier on Nov. 28 and vs. No. 8 Wichita State on Dec. 2 this season.
• Baylor had its 46 consecutive non-conference home game win streak snapped, ending the nation’s second-longest active streak (Duke, 136).
• Baylor has blocked at least one shot in 74 consecutive games, dating back to Nov. 16, 2015 vs. Oregon.
• Baylor has the Big 12’s second longest active streak with at least one three-point field goal made, doing so in 842 straight games.
• King McClure (12 points) scored in double-figures for the fifth time this season and 18th time in his 3-year BU career.
• McClure made his 18th-straight start after starting only one of his first 54 games at Baylor.
• Jo Lual-Acuil Jr. has started all 42 games during his Baylor career.
• Lual-Acuil Jr. (13 points) scored in double-digits for the 24th time in his BU career, adding his fifth double-figure scoring effort in 2017.
• Lual-Acuil Jr. made and attempted a career-high free throw marks, finishing the game shooting 5-for-6 from the charity stripe.
• Mark Vital (7 rebounds) matched his career-high rebounds mark, tying his previous high of 7 at Xavier on Nov. 28, 2017. Five of those were offensive rebounds, leading all players.
• Vital (3 steals) set a career-high mark in steals, topping his previous high of 2 (Central Arkansas, 11/10/17, and Xavier, 11/28/17).
• Manu Lecomte (15 points) scored in double-figures for the sixth time in seven games this season and 52nd time in his Division I career.
• Tristan Clark (9 rebounds) tied his career-high rebounds mark, limited to 29 minutes after getting into foul trouble early in the second half.
• Tyson Jolly made his collegiate debut for the Bears, logging three minutes in the first half.