Dec. 4, 2011
Recap | Box Score | AP Photos
7/8 BAYLOR 69, RV/RV NORTHWESTERN 41
WELSH-RYAN ARENA • EVANSTON, ILL.
DEC. 4, 2011 • ATTENDANCE: 6,316
• Sunday marked the first series meeting between the schools and Baylor’s first regular-season meeting against a Big Ten Conference school since Dec. 30, 2004 (at Purdue).
• Sunday marked Baylor’s first non-conference true road game since Jan. 2, 2009, when it knocked off South Carolina 85-74 in Columbia, S.C. (a span of 701 days).
• Baylor snapped its 3-game road losing streak, posting its first road win since a 76-74 OT win Feb. 5, 2011, at Texas A&M.
• Baylor has won six straight non-conference true road games and is 7-4 in such games in the Scott Drew era.
• Baylor has won 15 of its last 21 non-conference games away from home since the 2007-08 season.
• Baylor has held each of its first seven opponents to fewer than 70 points. Baylor has won 42 of its last 44 non-conference games when holding opponents below the 70-point mark. Baylor is 92-25 in the Drew era when holding opponents to fewer than 70 points.
• Baylor is 40-15 – 39-14 in the Drew era – when ranked in the AP Top 25, 33-10 when ranked in the USA TODAY/ESPN Coaches Top 25, and 31-9 all-time when ranked simultaneously in both polls.
• Baylor has made at least one 3-point field goal in 626 consecutive games – the second-longest active streak in the Big 12 behind Texas. The Bears have made at least one 3-pointer in every game since Feb. 21, 1990.
• Baylor is 32-12 in the month of December in the Drew era.
• Baylor is 77-22 against non-conference competition in the Drew era.
• Baylor has started 7-0 in consecutive seasons for the first time in program history.
• Baylor did not score at least 70 points for the first time this season.
• Baylor has led at the half in every game this season.
• Baylor is 109-24 when leading at the half in the Scott Drew era.
• Baylor shot a Drew era-best 67 percent from the floor in the first half (16-of-24 FG).
• Baylor shot a season-high 60.4 percent from the floor Sunday (29-of-48 FG).
• Senior F Anthony Jones’ streak of 73 consecutive starts came to an end Sunday.
• Senior F Quincy Acy recorded his third straight double-figure scoring game, sixth of the season and 52nd of his career. Acy finished with 16 points.
• Acy posted his sixth multi-block game of the season and 31st of his career.
• Acy tied his career high with 6 blocks.
• Junior G Pierre Jackson scored 16 points – his fourth consecutive game in double figures.
• Sophomore G Brady Heslip has made at least one 3-point field goal in every game this season.
• Sophomore F Perry Jones III finished with 12 points – his second straight game in double figures.