Dec. 13, 2008
NO. 22 BAYLOR (8-1) 90, PRAIRIE VIEW A&M (3-6) 63
FERRELL CENTER - WACO, TEXAS
DEC. 13, 2008 - ATTENDANCE: 5,730
- Senior Kevin Rogers' field goal at the 16:15 mark of the first half was his first since the 7:22 mark of the second half against Wake Forest on Nov. 30, snapping a streak of eight-straight misses.
- Freshman Kendall Wright made his first appearance of the season after wrapping up play as a wide receiver on the Baylor football team.
- With the win, Baylor is now 10-0 all-time against Prairie View A&M.
- The Bears hit a season-high 15 three-pointers this afternoon, while also taking a season-high 31 attempts.
- With his start this afternoon, senior Curtis Jerrells moved into eighth place on the all time list with 89 career starts. He sits three away from Robert McLemore in seventh.
- Jerrells (13 points) has scored in double figures in 11-straight games dating back to last season.
- Sophomore LaceDarius Dunn has now hit a three-pointer in 14-straight games.
- Dunn's two blocks were a career high and the first of his career.
- Dunn (18 points) has scored in double-figures in 12-straight games.
- Dunn has made three or more three-pointers in five of the Bears' first nine games.
- Junior Tweety Carter had a season-high 17 points surpassing his mark of 12 at Washington State.
- Carter also swiped a season-high four steals.
- After hitting six threes, senior Henry Dugat moved into seventh on the all-time three-point field goals made list with 141.
- Dugat's six treys were also a season-high and tied a career-high which he set on Dec. 1, 2006 against Kansas State.
- Dugat's two steals move him into ninth on the all-time steals list with 111.