Dec. 22, 2011
6/7 BAYLOR 72, NR/RV SAINT MARY'S 59
ORLEANS ARENA • LAS VEGAS, NEV.
DEC. 22, 2011 • ATTENDANCE: N/A
• Thursday’s game in Las Vegas was a rematch of the 2010 NCAA South Region semifinal that took place in Houston at Reliant Stadium. Baylor won that game 72-49.
• With today's win, Baylor opens 11-0 (best start of Drew Era) for just the second time in program history, and first instance since 2000-01 season (12-0 start).
• Baylor is 44-15 - 43-14 in the Drew era - when ranked in the AP Top 25, 37-10 when ranked in the USA TODAY/ESPN Coaches Top 25, and 35-9 all-time when ranked simultaneously in both polls.
• Baylor is 81-22 against non-conference competition in the Drew era.
• Baylor is 2-0 in the all-time series against Saint Mary’s.
• Baylor, making its first trip to Las Vegas since December 1982, is 6-2 all-time in the city.
• Baylor is 13-7 in regular-season tournaments in the Scott Drew era.
• Baylor is 25-3 in its last 28 games in the month of December, including a 8-3 mark away from home.
• Baylor has won 45 of its last 47 non-conference games when holding opponents to fewer than 70 points.
• Baylor is 94-25 in the Scott Drew era when holding opponents to fewer than 70 points.
• Baylor is 36-12 in the month of December in the Drew era.
• Baylor is now 9-0 this season when scoring 70-plus points.
• Baylor extended its 3-pointer streak to 630 games (second-longest active streak in Big 12) - dating to Feb. 21, 1990.
• Baylor is one of only six undefeated Division I teams remaining - Indiana, Louisville, Marquette, Missouri, Murray State and Syracuse are the others.
• Baylor has led at the half in 10 of its 11 games this season, posting a 10-0 record.
• Junior G A.J. Walton made his 41st consecutive start at point guard.
• Senior F Quincy Acy registered his 12th career double-double (Baylor 10-2) and third of the season.
• Acy is now tied for 23rd with Kelvin Chalmers on Baylor’s all-time scoring list with 1,045 career points.
• Acy reached 10+ rebounds for the 13th time in his career.
• Sophomore F Perry Jones III tied a career high with four blocks.
• Jones III finished one rebound shy of recording his fourth career double-double.
• Sophomore G Brady Heslip extended his 3-point field goal streak to all 11 games this season.
• Heslip (11 points) had his sixth career double-figure scoring game.
• 32 of Heslip's 35 field goals have been from 3-point range. He has made multiple 3-point field goals in 9 of 11 games this season and at least three 3-point field goals six times.
• Freshman F Quincy Miller reached double-figure points for the fifth time this season.