Dec. 28, 2011
6/7 BAYLOR 54, 15/14 MISSISSIPPI STATE 52
AMERICAN AIRLINES CENTER • DALLAS, TEXAS
DEC. 28, 2011 • ATTENDANCE: 6,707
• With today's win, Baylor is off to its best start in program history with 13-0 record.
• Baylor's 13-game winning streak is tied for the longest in school history. Baylor won 13 straight games from Jan.-Feb. 1946.
• Baylor is 46-15 - 45-14 in the Drew era - when ranked in the AP Top 25, 39-10 when ranked in the USA TODAY/ESPN Coaches Top 25, and 37-9 all-time when ranked simultaneously in both polls.
• Baylor is 83-22 against non-conference competition in the Drew era.
• Baylor is 27-3 in its last 30 games in the month of December, including a 10-3 mark away from home.
• Baylor is 38-12 in the month of December in the Drew era.
• Baylor is the only Division I school in the nation with both men’s and women’s basketball teams undefeated (combined 25-0). Since Nov. 1, Baylor’s big three sports are a combined 30-0 (Football finished regular-season on five-game winning streak).
• Baylor is 75-125 all-time in the Metroplex (7-15 in neutral-site games in Dallas) and snapped a four-game losing streak in Dallas.
• Baylor is 1-4 all-time at American Airlines Center.
• Since the start of the 2007-08 season, Baylor is 104-47 and has made three postseason appearances (2008 NCAA, 2009 NIT, 2010 NCAA) and posted three 20-win seasons (135 wins in first 11 seasons of Big 12 era).
• Baylor has won 46 of its last 48 non-conference games when holding opponents below the 70-point mark. Baylor is 96-25 in the Scott Drew era when holding opponents to fewer than 70 points.
• Baylor has won 50 straight games when holding opponents to fewer than 60 points, including nine this season.
• Baylor is now 1-2 vs. Mississippi State.
• Baylor is 61-127 all-time against current SEC members, and has now won four of its last five meetings against the SEC, including three straight.
• Wednesday marked Baylor’s first win against a ranked non-conference opponent since Nov. 28, 2008 (an 87-78 win over No. 14/14 Arizona State).
• Baylor is 27-140 all-time against Top 25 teams, including a 10-46 mark in the Scott Drew era.
• Baylor is 22-12 in non-conference games away from the Ferrell Center (road and neutral) in the Scott Drew era.
• Baylor has saved its best for the last four-plus seasons, winning 19 of its last 25 non-conference games away from home since the 2007-08 season (Baylor was 1-3 in non-conference away games in 2010-11).
• Baylor extended its 3-pointer streak to 632 games (second-longest active streak in Big 12) - dating to Feb. 21, 1990.
• Baylor is one of only four undefeated Division I teams remaining - Missouri, Murray State and Syracuse are the others.
• Baylor has led at the half in 12 of its 13 games this season, posting a 12-0 record.
• Junior G A.J. Walton made his 43rd consecutive start at point guard.
• Senior F Quincy Acy moved up to 20th on Baylor’s career scoring list with 1,067 points.
• Sophomore G Brady Heslip extended his 3-point field goal streak to all 13 games this season.
• Heslip had his eighth career double-figure scoring game and fifth in a row.
• 40 of Heslip's 46 field goals have been from 3-point range. He has made multiple 3-point field goals in 11 of 13 games this season and at least three 3-point field goals 8 times.