|Baylor (12-5, 3-1) vs. Oklahoma State (12-4, 2-2)
Jan. 21, 2013 | 4:30 p.m. CT
Waco, Texas | Ferrell Center (10,284)
TV: ESPN & WatchESPN | Radio: ESPN Central Texas 1660 AM, Sirius 92, XM 191
| Watch | Listen | Gametracker | Notes | All Tickets $10
• Monday's game will be televised as part of ESPN Big Monday with Brent Musburger, Fran Fraschilla and Holly Rowe.
• Monday is the 70th series meeting between Baylor and Oklahoma State, and the Bears trail 19-50 in the all-time series.
• Baylor has won 7 of its last 11 games against Oklahoma State after winning just one of its 19 previous games vs. OSU.
• Baylor is looking for its third straight win vs. OSU for the first time -- the Bears have won back-to-back games vs. OSU five times.
• Baylor is looking for its third-ever 4-1 or better start to Big 12 play (5-0 in 1997-98, 4-1 in 2007-08).
• Baylor is 20-7 in Big 12 home games since the start of the 2010 conference season.
• Baylor has won 12 straight games against founding members of the Big 12 South Division (UT, TTU, A&M, OU, OSU).
• Baylor is 52-9 at home since the start of the 2009-10 season and 78-18 at home since the start of the 2007-08 season.
• Baylor has more Big 12 wins in the last 5+ seasons (47-39) then its first 11 years in the league combined (45-131).
• Baylor leads the Big 12 in scoring defense (57.0 ppg), rebounding (39.8 rpg) and 3-point defense (26.7%) in conference play.
• Baylor is 133-60 since the start of the 2007-08 season, including four 20-win seasons in the last five years.
• Baylor has accounted for 26% of the 61 double-doubles by Big 12 players this season (16-of-61).
• Through 17 games, Baylor is averaging 36.9 points in the paint per game and holding opponents to 29.1 PIP per game. Baylor's leaders are Cory Jefferson (9.3 PIP/game), Isaiah Austin (8.9 PIP/game) and Pierre Jackson (5.4 PIP/game).
• Jackson has scored in double figures in 24 straight games, averaging 18.2 points and 6.2 assists per game during the streak.
• Jackson has made a 3FG in 28 consecutive games, which is tied for the 3rd-longest streak in program history, and with one made 3FG vs. Oklahoma State, Jackson would tie Tevis Stukes for the program's 2nd-longest streak
• Jackson leads the Big 12 in scoring (18.6/gm), ranks 2nd in assists (6.1/gm), 4th in steals (1.9/gm) and 5th in AST/TO ratio (1.8).
• Jackson also ranks 3rd in the Big 12 in 3FGM (2.3/gm), 8th in 3FG% (35.3) and 9th in FT% (80.0).
• Jackson is 6th on Baylor's career assists list (321), and he is 68 assists behind teammate A.J. Walton (389) for 5th place.
• Three Baylor players are in the Big 12's top 12 in scoring -- Jackson (1st, 18.6), Austin (5th, 14.6) and Jefferson (12th, 13.2).
• Jefferson also leads the Big 12 in FG percentage (60.0), ranks 2nd in blocks (2.1/gm) and 3rd in rebounding (8.4/gm).
• Jefferson has scored 225 points in 17 games this season after scoring 148 points in 55 games over his first two seasons.
• Austin leads all Big 12 true freshmen in scoring (14.6), rebounding (8.6) and FG percentage (51.4).
• Austin ranks 2nd in the Big 12 in rebounding (8.6), 3rd in FG percentage (51.4) and 5th in scoring (14.6).
• Brady Heslip has made a 3FG in 49 of 54 games in his career. He has 35 games with 2+ 3FG and 23 with 3+ 3FG.
• A.J. Walton ranks 3rd in the Big 12 in AST/TO ratio (2.0), 3rd in steals (1.9/gm) and 7th in assists (4.1/gm).
• Walton (87-34) needs one more win to pass LaceDarius Dunn (87-47) for sole possession of 3rd on Baylor's all-time wins list.
• Rico Gathers has recorded 10+ rebounds in all 4 games in which he's played 18+ minutes this season.
• Gathers ranks 2nd in the Big 12 in with 9.5 rebs/gm in league play. His 5.9 rpg in all games is 2nd among Big 12 freshmen.
• Monday marks the 70th series meeting and 35th in the Big 12 era. Oklahoma State leads the all-time series 50-19, and owns a 15-14 advantage in Waco. Baylor has won seven of the last 11 meetings overall.
• Baylor is 9-24 against Oklahoma State in the Big 12 era, including a 7-11 mark during the Drew era.
• Baylor is seeking its first-ever 3-game winning streak in the series -- the Bears have won back-to-back games vs. OSU five times.
• Baylor and OSU will be meeting for the first-ever time on ESPN Big Monday.
• Monday's game will be televised on ESPN Big Monday, marking the second of a school-record three times the Bears will play on Big Monday this season. Brent Musburger (play-by-play), Fran Fraschilla (analyst) and Holly Rowe (reporter) will serve as talent.
A WIN WOULD ...
• Be Scott Drew's 168th career victory as Baylor head coach -- 33 shy of Bill Henderson's Baylor record.
• Be Baylor's 3rd straight win vs. Oklahoma State -- the first time the Bears have won 3 straight vs. OSU in the all-time series.
• Give Baylor a 13-game winning streak against former Big 12 South teams (UT, TTU, A&M, OU, OSU).
• Improve Baylor's record to 38-40 in the month of January in the Drew era, including a 23-9 record over the last 4 seasons.
• Move A.J. Walton into sole possession of 3rd place on Baylor's all-time wins list with 88.
• Give Baylor a 13-5 or better record through its first 18 games for the 6th consecutive season.
STEPPING UP DEFENSE IN CONFERENCE PLAY
• Baylor leads the Big 12 in scoring defense in conference play, allowing just 57.0 points per game.
• The Bears also lead the Big 12 with 39.8 rebounds per game and a 26.7% 3-point defense in league play.
• Baylor held Kansas to 61 points on Jan. 14, the Jayhawks' lowest point total at Allen Fieldhouse since Feb. 5, 2006.
• Baylor held TCU to 40 points on Jan. 12, the fewest points any Big 12 opponent has ever scored against the Bears.
• Baylor beat Texas Tech 82-48 on Jan. 8, marking the Bears' largest-ever margin of victory in a Big 12 road game.
• Rico Gathers ranks 2nd in the league with 9.5 rebounds/game in conference play, despite playing just 18.5 minutes/game.
SOONER STATE SUCCESS
• After posting a combined 6-48 record against Oklahoma and Oklahoma State in the first 13 seasons of the Big 12 Conference, Baylor has won 9 of its last 12 against the league's Sooner State schools.
• 12 of Baylor's 15 Big 12 wins against the Oklahoma schools have come under head coach Scott Drew.
BAYLOR'S RECENT SUCCESS IN THE BIG 12
• Baylor is 47-39 in Big 12 games in the last five-plus seasons and has tallied the four highest Big 12 win totals in program history during that span -- 12 in 2011-12, 11 in 2009-10, 9 in 2007-08, and 7 in 2010-11.
• In the first 11 seasons of the Big 12 Conference, Baylor amassed a 45-131 league record. Prior to Scott Drew's arrival in 2003, Baylor won only 33 Big 12 games in the conference's first seven seasons.
SUCCESS AGAINST HISTORIC RIVALS
• Baylor went a perfect 10-0 against former Big 12 South Division members in 2011-12. The Bears swept Oklahoma and Oklahoma State for the first time in program history, they swept Texas and Texas A&M in the same season for the first time since 1970-71, and BU swept Texas, Texas A&M and Texas Tech in the same season for the first time ever.
• Baylor beat Texas (1/5/13) and Texas Tech (1/8/13), extending their streak to 12 straight wins vs. former Big 12 South teams.
JACKSON'S DOUBLE-FIGURE STREAK REACHES 24
• Pierre Jackson has scored in double figures in 24 straight games, averaging 18.2 points and 6.2 assists per game during the streak.
• Jackson's is the Big 12's longest active double-figure scoring streak, 10 ahead of the next closest -- Kansas' Travis Releford (14).
• Jackson has scored 437 points and dished out 149 assists during the 24-game streak.
• Jackson's streak is the longest by a Baylor player since LaceDarius Dunn went 32 games from March 6, 2010 to Feb. 26, 2011.
• Freshman Rico Gathers has recorded at least 10 rebounds in all 4 games in which he's played 18 or more minutes.
• Gathers ranks 13th in the Big 12 with 5.9 rebounds per game, which trails on teammate Isaiah Austin (8.6) among freshmen.
• Gathers is 7th in the Big 12 with 2.6 offensive rebounds per game, despite playing just 16.4 minutes per game.
• In Big 12 play, Gathers ranks 2nd in the league with 9.5 rebounds per game and 2nd with 3.5 offensive rebounds per game.
• Gathers' career-high 13 rebounds at Kansas (1/14/13) are tied for the most by any player in a Big 12 game this season.
DOMINATING POINTS IN THE PAINT
• Despite losing three frontcourt players to the 2012 NBA Draft, Baylor is averaging 36.9 points in the paint per game this season, and the Bears are holding opponents to 29.1 PIP per game.
• Frontcourt players Cory Jefferson (9.3 PIP/game), Isaiah Austin (8.9 PIP/game) and Rico Gathers (4.7 PIP/game) do most of the damage, along with point guard Pierre Jackson (5.4 PIP/game) and guard A.J. Walton (3.6 PIP/game).
• Jefferson has scored double figure points in the paint in 10 of 17 games, while Austin has done so in 6 of 15 games.
• Baylor set a Scott Drew era record with 68 points in the paint in its season-opening win against Lehigh.
JEFFERSON'S BREAKOUT CAMPAIGN
• Cory Jefferson started just one game in his first two seasons playing at Baylor (2009-10, 2011-12; redshirted 2010-11), while playing behind four frontcourt players currently in the NBA (Ekpe Udoh, Perry Jones III, Quincy Acy and Quincy Miller).
• Jefferson has scored in double figures in 13 of 17 games this year, including three 20-point games and five double-doubles.
• Jefferson entered the season with a career high of 25 minutes, but he's played at least 27 minutes in 14 of 17 games this season.
• Jefferson scored more points in his first 12 games this season (158) than in 55 career games over his first two years (148).
AUSTIN AMONG FRESHMEN DOUBLE-DOUBLES LEADERS
• Isaiah Austin has 6 double-doubles this season, which is the most of any freshman from a power conference.
• Austin's 6 double-doubles are tied for 2nd in the Big 12, two behind ISU's Melvin Ejim.
• Austin had 4 double-doubles in a 5-game stretch, and he came up 2 rebounds shy of 5 straight double-doubles.
TWO OF LONGEST 3-POINT STREAKS IN BAYLOR HISTORY
• Baylor guards Pierre Jackson and Brady Heslip combined for two of the longest streaks of games with at least one 3-point field goal made in program history.
• Jackson is on a 28-game streak dating back to the last 12 games of the 2011-12 season, which is tied for the 3rd-longest in Baylor history and one shy of Tevis Stukes for the 2nd-longest.
• Heslip had his 20-game streak snapped against TCU on Jan. 12, but it was the 7th-longest streak in Baylor history.
HOME COURT ADVANTAGE
• Baylor is 52-9 at home in the last 3-plus seasons, winning a Ferrell Center-record 15 home games in both 2009-10 and 2010-11, and going 14-3 at the Ferrell Center a season ago. Baylor is 78-18 in the last 5-plus seasons at home, an .813 winning percentage.
JACKSON NEXT IN LINE FOR 1,000-POINT CLUB
• Pierre Jackson entered the 2012-13 season on pace to become the 26th 1,000-point scorer in school history. Jackson, who scored 523 points in his first season in Waco last year, needs 179 more points to become the 8th 1,000-point scorer in the Scott Drew era, joining Aaron Bruce, Curtis Jerrells, Henry Dugat, Kevin Rogers, LaceDarius Dunn, Tweety Carter and Quincy Acy.
• Jackson is on pace to become the Bears' 26th all-time 1,000-point scorer and the 5th to get there in only two seasons, joining Dunn, Terry Teagle, Vinnie Johnson and William Chatmon.
• Jackson needs to average 12.8 points per game over the next 14 games to reach 1,000 points prior to the postseason.
40+ REBOUNDS KEY TO VICTORY
• Baylor is 7-2 this season and 61-15 in the Drew era when recording 40+ rebounds in a game.
• The Bears are 9-0 this season and 121-32 during the Scott Drew era when outrebounding their opponent.
• Conversely, Baylor is 3-5 this season and 48-97 in the Drew era when it doesn't outrebound the opponent.
• Isaiah Austin (2nd, 8.6 rpg) and Cory Jefferson (3rd, 8.4 rpg) both rank in the Big 12's top 5 in rebounding.
• Rico Gathers ranks 7th in the Big 12 in offensive rebounding (2.6/game), despite averaging only 16.4 minutes per game.
DOUBLE-DOUBLES ALL AROUND
• Baylor has accounted for 26% of the double-doubles by Big 12 players this season (16-of-61).
• Isaiah Austin (6) and Cory Jefferson (5) are two of five Big 12 players with at least five double-doubles this year.
• Rico Gathers (2), Pierre Jackson, Taurean Prince and L.J. Rose have also had double-doubles this season.
• Austin is the nation's only freshman from a power conference with 6 double-doubles this season.
• Active Big 12 players have combined for 16 career double-digit assist games, and Jackson (6), A.J. Walton (2) and Rose (1) have combined for nine of those 16 games with 10 or more assists.
WALTON NOW 3RD ON BAYLOR WINS LIST
• Senior G A.J. Walton is tied with former teammate LaceDarius Dunn for 3rd place on Baylor's career wins list.
• Walton has a .719 career winning percentage in games played (87-34), which is best among players in Baylor's top 10 in wins.
• Cory Jefferson (58) needs 4 more wins to tie Henry Dugat (62) for 10th on the Bears' career wins list.
• Jefferson has an .806 career winning percentage in career games played (58-14).
BAYLOR ON BIG MONDAY
• Baylor will be featured three times on the ESPN Big Monday platform this season. The Bears will play multiple Big Monday games for the fourth time in the last five seasons, and this is the first time the Bears have three Big Monday games scheduled.
• Baylor is 2-7 all-time in ESPN Big Monday contests, including a 1-7 mark in the Scott Drew era.
• Baylor and Oklahoma State will meet on ESPN Big Monday for the first time - all eight of Baylor's previous Big Monday appearances were against Kansas, Kansas State or Texas.
JEFFERSON CLIMBING BLOCKS CHART
• Cory Jefferson (82) needs 4 blocks to move past Kevin Rogers (85) for 9th on Baylor's all-time list.
• Jefferson is one of six players in program history to record 70 or more career blocks while averaging at least 1.00 blocks per game.
• Among players on Baylor's top 10 blocks list, only Ekpe Udoh (36) and Davis (56) have played fewer career games than Jefferson.
50% SHOOTING LEADS TO WINS
• Baylor is 6-1 this season and 88-9 during the Scott Drew era when shooting 50% or better from the field.
• By contrast, the Bears are 6-4 this season and 81-120 in the Drew era when missing more shots than they make.
• The same goes for holding opponents under 50% -- Baylor is 162-62 in the Drew era (12-3 this season) when opponents shoot less than 50% and 7-66 when they shoot 50% or better from the field (0-2 this season).
NATIONAL RADIO COVERAGE
• Monday's game can be heard on ESPN Central Texas 1660 AM, and fans not in the Central Texas area can hear the game online at www.BaylorBears.com. John Morris (play-by-play) and Pat Nunley (analyst) will serve as talent.
• Baylor's radio broadcast is available nationally through satellite radio on Sirius 92 and XM 191.
• Baylor looks for its 16th straight win vs. in-state opponents when it travels to TCU for a 3 p.m. game on Saturday.
• Baylor will be playing at TCU for the first time since Dec. 29, 2001 -- the Bears are 36-40 all-time on the road vs. TCU.