|RV/RV Baylor (16-8) vs. Wayland Baptist (8-17)
Feb. 15, 2011 | 7:05 p.m. CST | Waco, Texas | Ferrell Center (10,284)
|Watch | Listen | Gametracker | Notes | Tickets | Gameday Central|
LACEDARIUS DUNN RECORDS WATCH
• Dunn needs 11 points to become Baylor's all-time leading scorer (Terry Teagle; 2,189).
• Dunn needs 15 3FG to become the Big 12's career 3FG leader (Texas' A.J. Abrams; 389).
• Dunn needs 78 points to become the Big 12's all-time leading scorer (TTU's Andre Emmett; 2,256).
GAME CENTER: GAME 25
Date: Tue., Feb. 15, 2011
Tip-Off: 7:05 p.m. CST
Location: Waco, Texas
Arena: Ferrell Center (10,284)
Radio: Baylor IMG College Radio Network/ESPN Central Texas;
1660 AM (Waco); 106.9 FM (Killeen); 101.3 FM (Waco); 100.9 FM (Temple)
Talent: John Morris (pxp), Pat Nunley (analyst)
Series (Overall): Baylor leads 1-0
Series (in Waco): Baylor leads 1-0
Last Meeting: Dec. 15, 2007 (Baylor won 100-72)
Scott Drew Record vs. WBU: 1-0
Live Stats: www.BaylorBears.com
Audio Web Stream: www.BaylorBears.com
Video Web Stream: www.BaylorBears.com (subscription required)
In-Game Blog: None
• Baylor (16-8) steps out of conference one final time Tuesday to host NAIA member Wayland Baptist (8-17) at the Ferrell Center. Tuesday will mark the second series meeting between the schools.
• Baylor has made at least one 3-point field goal in 612 consecutive games.
• Baylor is 70-22 against non-conference competition in the Scott Drew era.
• Baylor is 28-2 at home in the last two seasons, including a 13-1 record in 2010-11.
• Baylor has won seven straight February home games dating back to the 2008-09 season.
• G LaceDarius Dunn ranks second all-time in school history with 2,179 career points and needs 11 points to become Baylor's all-time leading scorer (Terry Teagle; 2,189). Dunn needs 78 points to surpass Texas Tech's Andre Emmett (2,256) as the Big 12's career scoring leader.
• Dunn is tied with Hartford's Joe Zeglinski as the NCAA Division I active career leader with 375 3FG and is tied for 16th on the NCAA Division I career list.
• Dunn has made a 3FG in a school-record 38 consecutive games.
• Dunn has scored 20+ second-half points four times this season, including the last two games.
• PG A.J. Walton leads the Big 12 in steals-per-game (2.22) and ranks second in assists-per-game (5.09).
• Baylor's Big 12 statistical rankings through Feb. 13: 2nd in FG percentage (47.5), 2nd in rebounding defense (30.1), 3rd in steals (7.29), 4th in scoring defense (63.0), 5th in rebounding margin (+6.0), 6th in 3FG percentage (36.9), 6th in scoring margin (+8.7), 6th in blocked shots (4.17), 7th in FG percentage defense (41.2).
• Senior G LaceDarius Dunn's Big 12 season rankings: 1st in scoring (21.0), 1st in 3FG made (3.62), 3rd in minutes played (35.0), 4th in FT percentage (83.1), 8th in steals (1.52), 8th in 3FG percentage (41.1), 13th in FG percentage (42.5).
• Dunn is averaging 22.5 points in 11 home games this season and is shooting 47 percent (46-of-98) from beyond the arc at the Ferrell Center.
• Baylor is 25-3 when Dunn has 3+ assists in a game (8-2 this season).
• Freshman F Perry Jones III has scored in double figures in 21 of Baylor's 24 games this season.
• Jones III leads all Big 12 freshmen in both scoring (14.5) and FG percentage (56.7).
• Junior F Quincy Acy ranks 6th in Baylor history with 99 career blocked shots. He needs one block to become the sixth player in school history with 100+ career blocks.
BAYLOR/WAYLAND BAPTIST SERIES HISTORY
• Tuesday will mark the second series meeting between the schools. In 2007, five Bears scored in double figures as Baylor routed Wayland Baptist, 100-72, in the Ferrell Center.
• Since 2003-04, Baylor has had considerable success in non-conference play. The Bears are 70-22 against non-conference competition in the Scott Drew era.
• Baylor is 42-3 in non-conference home games, dating back to the 2006-07 season, including a 31-1 record in its last 32 non-conference home games (lone loss to South Carolina in Jan. 2009).
SCOUTING WAYLAND BAPTIST
• Wayland Baptist (8-17), which has lost five straight road games, will be playing its third exhibition of the season Tuesday when the Pioneers visit the Ferrell Center. Since starting the season 5-0, the Pioneers have lost 17 of their last 20 games, including two overtime contests.
• WBU is only averaging 63.8 points-per-game, while allowing 65.2 points-per-contest. George Williams leads the Pioneers with 13.9 points-per-game, while Bobby Watkins ranks second on the team in scoring (11.2).
• In its two previous exhibition games, the Pioneers averaged only 41.0 points.
DUNN CLOSING IN ON BAYLOR, BIG 12 SCORING RECORDS
• LaceDarius Dunn, who ranks second all-time in Baylor history with 2,179 career points, needs 11 points to surpass Terry Teagle (2,189) as Baylor's all-time leading scorer.
• Dunn, who ranks third on the Big 12 career scoring list, needs 78 points to surpass Texas Tech's Andre Emmett (2,256) as the Big 12's career scoring leader.
• Dunn needs to average 13.0 points over the final six regular-season games to become the Big 12's career scoring leader.
NOT DUNN YET -- TRIPLE STREAK CONTINUES
• Senior LaceDarius Dunn has made a 3-point field goal in a school-record 38 consecutive games, surpassing the previous school mark of 29 games held by Tevis Stukes.
• Dunn, who is the only player in school history with multiple 3-point streaks of 20 games or more, owns every major 3-point record at Baylor. He has made a 3-point field goal in 120 of his 127 career games.
LOOKING FOR MORE THREE-POINT RECORDS
• LaceDarius Dunn has made a Baylor-record 375 career 3FG and is the only player in program history to make 300+ 3FG. After draining a school-record 10 treys Jan. 4 vs. Morgan State, Dunn moved into second place on the Big 12's career list, passing Missouri's Clarence Gilbert (332) and Kansas' Jeff Boschee (338).
• Dunn needs 15 treys to surpass Texas' A.J. Abrams (389) as the Big 12 career leader.
• Dunn needs to average 2.5 3FG over the final six regular-season games to become the all-time 3FG leader in the 15-year history of the Big 12 Conference.
QUEST FOR 400
• LaceDarius Dunn, who tied with Hartford's Joe Zeglinski as the active NCAA career leader in 3FG, is tied for 16th on the NCAA career list with 375 3-point field goals. Dunn is two 3FG behind Cornell's Ryan Wittman (377) for 15th on the career list.
• Dunn needs 25 3FG to become only the 11th player in NCAA Division I history with 400+ career 3FG.
KEEPING UP WITH THE JONESES
• Two-thirds of Baylor's starting front court is named Jones and neither is related. Freshman F Perry Jones III and junior F Anthony Jones have both improved their scoring production in 2011. In 2011, the Joneses have combined to average 25.3 points and 10.9 rebounds. Since the start of 2011, Jones III ranks second on the team in scoring (16.2), while A. Jones is fourth with 9.1 points-per-game.
• The Joneses are shooting 59.8 percent from the floor (119-of-199), 55.6 percent on 3FG (15-of-27) and 75.2 percent at the FT line (76-of-101) to start 2011. By comparison, the Joneses averaged 20.2 points and 14.2 rebounds, but shot 49.4 percent from the floor (88-of-178), 17.6 percent from 3-point range (6-of-34) and 65.6 percent at the FT line (40-of-61) in Baylor's 11 games of 2010.
• Both Perry Jones III and Anthony Jones are the only Bears shooting better than 55 percent from the floor since the start of 2011.
ON A WINNING NOTE
• For the third consecutive season, new Baylor career records for overall and Big 12 wins have been established. With Baylor's 76-74 OT win Feb. 5 at Texas A&M, senior G LaceDarius Dunn passed former teammate Tweety Carter as the school's career Big 12 wins leader (30 Big 12 wins). Dunn has already surpassed Josh Lomers as the school's career leader in overall wins earlier this season.
• In 2008-09, Curtis Jerrells, Kevin Rogers and Henry Dugat finished their careers as Baylor's all-time leaders with 64 career wins. In 2009-10, Lomers passed his former teammates with 82 career victories, which stood as the school record until Dunn took over the career lead.
• Dunn has 85 career wins and 31 career Big 12 victories.
ONE-MAN HIGHLIGHT REEL
• Quincy Acy has become of the nation's best when it comes to electrifying dunks. Acy, who earned a spot on SportsCenter's Top 10 plays last season for his 10-dunk game March 6, 2010, vs. Texas, has recorded 161 field goals via the dunk in his career.
• In 94 career games, 51 percent (161-of-317) of Acy's career FGM have been dunks.
• Both G LaceDarius Dunn and F Perry Jones III have long streaks of scoring in double figures. Dunn has scored at least 10 points in 28 consecutive games, dating back to the end of the 2009-10 regular season. Jones III has scored in double figures in 12 straight games, including all 11 Big 12 contests thus far.