March 12, 2009
Phillips 66 Big 12 Championship Central | Watch Postgame Press Conference
GAME CENTER: GAME 33 (PHILLIPS 66 BIG 12 CHAMPIONSHIP SEMIFINALS)
NO. 9 BAYLOR BEARS (19-13) VS. NO. 5 TEXAS LONGHORNS (22-10)
Date: Friday, March 13, 2009
Tip-off: 6 p.m. CT
Location: Oklahoma City, Okla.
Arena: Ford Center (18,878)
Television: Big 12 Network (rebranded ESPN Plus) [Complete TV Listings]
Available locally on The CW in Central Texas | Also available on ESPN Full Court
Talent: Mitch Holthus (pxp), Reid Gettys (color)
Radio: Baylor ISP Sports Network (ESPN/KRZI 1660 AM/Sirius Satellite Ch. 161)
Talent: John Morris (pxp), Pat Nunley (color)
Live Stats: BaylorBears.com and Big12Sports.com
Web Stream: ESPN360.com and BaylorBears.com (live audio)
PHILLIPS 66 BIG 12 CHAMPIONSHIP SEMIFINAL STORY LINES
• For only the second time in the Big 12 era, Baylor has advanced to the semifinal round of the Phillips 66 Big 12 Championship. The No. 9 seed Bears will face No.5 Texas Friday at 6 p.m. on the Big 12 Network. The winner will advance to the championship game Saturday at 5 p.m. on ESPN.
• Baylor is now 3-1 all-time in the Ford Center (1-1 in 2007 Big 12 Championship).
• Friday's matchup will serve as a rematch of the 2001 Big 12 Championship semifinal that saw the No. 4 seed Longhorns defeat the No. 8 seed Bears, 76-62 in Kansas City.
• Texas also eliminated Baylor from the 2007 Big 12 Championship, when the Longhorns defeated the No. 11 seed Bears, 74-69, in the quarterfinals in OKC.
• Baylor is the only team in the Big 12 to defeat a No. 1 seed in the quarterfinal round (2001 and 2009).
• LaceDarius Dunn now has hit a career-high 89 3-point field goals in his sophomore season - the third-highest single-season total in school history.
• Baylor has made at least one 3-point field goal in 544 straight games - the second-longest active streak in the Big 12 behind Texas. Baylor has connected from 3-point range at least once in every game since going 0-for-8 in a home win vs. Texas Tech on Feb. 21, 1990.
• Baylor head coach Scott Drew is 0-13 all-time vs. Texas.
• Baylor has lost 24-straight meetings with the Longhorns and hasn't defeated Texas since Feb. 21, 1998 (in Waco).
• Baylor is 4-8 all-time vs. Texas at neutral sites.
LOOKING AHEAD IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP FIELD
Overall Series Record vs. Texas: Texas leads 155-75
Series Record in Big 12 Championship: Texas leads 2-0
Series Record in SWC Tournament: Tied 2-2 2008-09
Series Meetings: Jan. 27 (UT won 78-72 in Waco), Mar. 2 (UT won 73-57 in Austin)
Streak: Texas, 24 wins
Drew vs. Texas: 0-13 overall