||Friday, Dec. 6 | 9:00 p.m. CT
Arlington, Texas; AT&T Stadium (20,000)
||Purchase Tickets Online
||Jon Sciambi (pxp), Fran Fraschilla (color)
||ESPN Central Texas | Listen Online
||John Morris (pxp), Pat Nunley (color)
||Sirius 93 / XM 190
||Baylor | Kentucky
||20th (AP), 20th (Coaches)
||Career: 205-150 (12th season)
||BU Record: 185-139 (11th season)
||3rd (AP), 4th (Coaches)
||Career: 533-165 (22nd season)
||UK Record: 130-27 (5th season)
• Friday's game is part of the inaugural Big 12-SEC Challenge, and it's also the third straight year Baylor and Kentucky have played. BU won 64-55 in Lexington last season, and UK won in Atlanta in the 2012 Elite Eight.
• Baylor went 3-1 in the Big 12-Pac-10 Hardwood Series (2007-10). The Big 12 finished 28-20 in those games.
• 32 NBA scouts requested credentials for the Baylor-Kentucky game. The teams have combined for 12 NBA Draft picks in the last two years, with Kentucky leading the nation with eight and Baylor tied for third with four.
• Baylor has won multiple games against AP Top 25 teams in each of the last six seasons entering 2013-14.
• 14 of Baylor's 31 all-time wins versus AP Top 25 teams have come in the last seven seasons. BU is 14-32 against AP ranked teams since 2007-08 after going 17-122 vs. ranked opponents in its first 101 seasons.
• Baylor is 38-17 in away games against non-Big 12 teams during the Drew era, including 16-4 since 2011-12.
• Baylor is 3-0 this season in games decided by 5 points or less -- the Bears were 2-8 in those games last year.
• Baylor is 31-5 in December games since 2007-08, including wins against ranked teams in each of the last two seasons (won vs. No. 15 Mississippi State in Dallas in 2011, won at No. 8 Kentucky in 2012).
• Baylor is ranked No. 20 in the AP poll, up five spots from the Bears' preseason No. 25 ranking.
• Baylor is one of four schools nationally ranked by the AP in football, men's basketball and women's basketball. The Bears (No. 9 FB, No. 20 MBB, No. 9 WBB) are joined by Oklahoma State, Duke and Louisville.
• Baylor is looking to start the season 8-1 through its first nine games for the sixth time in the last seven years.
• Nine Baylor players average 15+ minutes per game, and Baylor's bench is averaging 32.9 points per game.
• Friday is the ninth all-time series meeting between Baylor and Kentucky. The Bears' 64-55 win in Lexington last season was their first-ever win vs. UK, and it snapped Kentucky's 55-game home winning streak.
• Baylor has won 27 of its last 28 games when leading at the half, and BU is 48-2 in those games since 2011-12.
• Baylor's game vs. Kentucky will air on ESPN as one of 18 games BU will play on ESPN networks this season.
• Baylor has the nation's best postseason winning percentage over the last five years (15-3; .833).
• Baylor is one of only 10 schools nationally to play in the Elite Eight in two of the last four seasons.
• Head coach Scott Drew is seeking his 186th win at Baylor, which would place him 15 back of the school record.
• Cory Jefferson was named to the Maui Invitational All-Tournament team, which was his third all-tournament honor over the last two seasons. He was previously honored on 2012 Charleston Classic and 2013 NIT teams.
• Isaiah Austin leads the Big 12 with 3.3 blocks per game, and his 84 career blocks are one behind Kevin Rogers (2005-09) for 10th in program history. He ranks 3rd in BU history with 1.95 career blocks per game.
• The Kentucky game will be Baylor's 74th consecutive televised contest.
• Since the start of the 2007-08 season, Baylor is 151-70 (24 wins per season) and has made five postseason appearances (2008 NCAA, 2009 NIT, 2010 NCAA, 2012 NCAA; 2013 NIT) with five 20-win seasons.
• BU has five 20-win seasons in the last six years. BU had only three 20-win seasons prior to Drew's arrival.
• Baylor's four NBA Draft picks over the last two years ranks 3rd nationally behind Kentucky and North Carolina.
• Baylor is one of only two Big 12 schools to be ranked in each of the last seven seasons (Kansas). The Bears have been ranked for at least three weeks in each of the last six seasons.
• Baylor has more Big 12 wins in the last six seasons (53-47) than its first 11 years in the league combined (45-131).
• Baylor was picked 3rd in the 2013-14 Big 12 Men's Basketball Preseason Coaches Poll.
• Baylor's frontcourt was ranked No. 2 nationally by Lindy's and No. 6 by CBSSports.com in the preseason.
• Baylor is coming off a 2013 NIT title, which was the program's first-ever national tournament championship.
• Baylor has the Big 12's 2nd-longest active streak with at least one 3-point FG made in 702 consecutive games.
• Baylor F Cory Jefferson and C Isaiah Austin were both named to the 6-player Preseason All-Big 12 team, marking the first time the Bears have had multiple players honored.
• Jefferson (USA) and Heslip (Canada) played for their national teams in the 2013 World University Games.
• Jefferson (76-24) is 8th on Baylor's career wins list and has the highest winning percentage (.760) in BU history.
• Baylor has signed nine top-50 national recruits in the last seven years -- LaceDarius Dunn (2007), Anthony Jones (2008), Nolan Dennis (2009), Perry Jones III (2010), Quincy Miller (2011), Deuce Bello (2011), Isaiah Austin (2012), Rico Gathers (2012) and Ish Wainright (2013).
• Head coach Scott Drew is coaching his 325th game at Baylor (185-139). His .571 winning percentage is best in BU history among coaches with four or more seasons, and his teams have a .683 winning percentage since 2007-08.
• Drew is tied with Kansas' Bill Self as the second-longest tenured head coach in the Big 12 Conference. Drew, who is in his 11th season at Baylor in 2013-14, is second only to Texas' Rick Barnes (16th season at UT).
• Baylor is 1-7 all-time against Kentucky, including a 64-55 win at Rupp Arena on Dec. 1, 2012.
• The Bears are 1-4 against UK in Lexington and 0-3 against the Wildcats at neutral sites.
• Baylor lost to Kentucky, 58-42, in the 1948 NCAA Championship Game in New York, and the teams met on the same court seven days later as part of the Olympic Basketball Trials. Kentucky won the second game, 77-59.
• Baylor's Jack Robinson and five UK players were part of the 1948 USA Olympic team that went 8-0 and won gold.
• The teams' only other neutral-site meeting was in the 2012 Elite Eight in Atlanta -- Kentucky won 82-70.
MULTIPLE AP TOP 25 WINS IN SIX STRAIGHT SEASONS
• Baylor has won multiple games vs. AP Top 25 teams in each of the last six seasons entering 2013-14.
• The Bears are 14-32 vs. AP Top 25 teams since 2007-08 after going 17-122 in their first 101 seasons.
• Baylor is 31-153 all-time against AP Top 25 teams (0-1 this season).
• Prior to winning multiple games vs. ranked teams in each of the last six seasons, Baylor only had four seasons with multiple AP Top 25 victories in its first 101 years of basketball (1958-59, 1981-82, 1996-97, 2000-01).
• Last season, the Bears won at No. 8 Kentucky on Dec. 1 and vs. No. 4 Kansas on March 9.
A WIN WOULD ...
• Tie the highest-AP-ranked win in Baylor program history. The Bears also recorded wins vs. No. 3 ranked teams on Feb. 10, 1990, vs. Arkansas in Waco and March 9, 2012 vs. Kansas at the Big 12 Championship in Kansas City.
• Improve Baylor's record against AP Top 25 teams to 15-32 since the start of the 2007-08 season.
• Improve BU's record to 4-1 in conference challenges -- the Bears went 3-1 in the Big 12-Pac-10 Hardwood Series.
• Mark the sixth time in the last seven years that Baylor has started 8-1 or better through its first nine games.
• Be Scott Drew's 186th career win as Baylor head coach -- 15 shy of Bill Henderson's school record.
• Improve Baylor's record to 44-14 in the month of December in the Drew era, including a 32-5 record since 2007-08.
• Be Baylor's second straight win against Kentucky, improving its record to 2-7 in the all-time series.
RANKED NO. 20 IN AP POLL
• Baylor fell two spots to No. 20 in the latest AP Top 25 -- which is up five spots from BU's No. 25 preseason AP ranking. The Bears are ranked 20th in the coaches' poll, up six spots from the preseason.
• Baylor entered 2013-14 ranked 25th in the AP preseason poll, marking BU's fourth consecutive preseason ranking.
• Baylor is the fourth-highest ranked Big 12 team in both polls, trailing Kansas, Oklahoma State and Iowa State. The Bears were picked to finish third in the conference by the league's head coaches, behind KU and OSU.
• Baylor has now been ranked in each of the last seven seasons - a total of 54 polls (including preseason).
• Prior to the 2007-08 campaign, Baylor had only been ranked for three weeks in the program's first 101 seasons (one week in 1948-49, two weeks in 1968-69).
DEPTH ON DISPLAY
• Baylor has used a nine-man rotation in each of its first five games, with all nine players averaging 15+ minutes.
• BU's bench is averaging 32.9 ppg, and the first four players off the bench combine to average 19.7 minutes/game.
• Brady Heslip (21.6 mpg), Rico Gathers (15.1 mpg) and Taurean Prince (15.0 mpg) have come off the bench in every game, while Royce O'Neale has averaged 27.4 minutes per game the seven times he's come off the bench.
WINNING AWAY FROM HOME VS. NON-CONFERENCE TEAMS
• Baylor is 38-17 against non-Big 12 teams in games away from the Ferrell Center in the Scott Drew era, including a 15-4 record in away games against non-Big 12 teams since 2011-12.
• Baylor is 36-13 against non-Big 12 teams away from home since the 2007-08 season (3-1 this year; 5-2 in 2012-13; 8-1 in 2011-12; 1-3 in 2010-11; 8-2 in 2009-10; 6-2 in 2008-09; 5-2 in 2007-08).
ONE OF FOUR RANKED IN FB, MBB AND WBB
• Baylor is one of just four schools ranked in the AP Top 25 in football, men's basketball and women's basketball, joining Oklahoma State, Duke and Louisville.
• The Bears are No. 9 in football, No. 20 in men's hoops and No. 9 in women's hoops.
DREW CLIMBING CAREER WINS CHART
• Scott Drew ranks second in Baylor history with 185 career wins as the Bears' head coach. Drew needs 16 wins to tie Bill Henderson (201 wins; 1941-43 and 1945-61) for the all-time wins record.
• Drew's .571 winning percentage is the best ever by a Baylor coach with four or more years at the helm.
BU BLOCK PARTY
• Cory Jefferson and Isaiah Austin are both in the top 10 in program history in blocks per game.
• Austin is third with 1.95 blocks per game and Jefferson is sixth at 1.28.
• Jefferson's 128 blocks are fifth-most in BU history and five back of former BU teammate and current Milwaukee Bucks player Ekpe Udoh, while Austin needs one block to crack the top 10.
FOUR NBA DRAFT PICKS LAST TWO YEARS
• Baylor's four NBA Draft picks in the last two years ranks third nationally behind Kentucky and North Carolina.
• The Bears likely would've had two more draftees in 2013, but Isaiah Austin and Cory Jefferson elected to return to school.
• Baylor has enjoyed unprecedented success over the last six-plus seasons under 11th-year head coach Scott Drew. Since the start of the 2007-08 season, Baylor is 151-70 (24 wins per season) and has made five postseason appearances (2008 NCAA, 2009 NIT, 2010 NCAA, 2012 NCAA, 2013 NIT) and posted five 20-win seasons.
• Prior to 2007-08, Baylor won only 135 games in the first 11 seasons of the Big 12 era (12.3 wins per season).
• Baylor has made 12 postseason appearances (five under Drew) and won 20+ games just eight times (five under Drew) in the program's first 107 seasons.
• The Bears have an 11-day break before returning to action against Northwestern State at 8:30 p.m. CT on Wednesday, Dec. 18. Baylor will look to extend its eight-game Ferrell Center winning streak, which is the 10th-longest in arena history.