Aug 31, 2013
RV/RV BAYLOR (1-0) 69, NR/NR WOFFORD (0-1) 3
FLOYD CASEY STADIUM • WACO, TEXAS
AUG. 31, 2013 • ATTENDANCE: 44,989
• Today's matchup was the first meeting in the series and Wofford's first-ever game in the state of Texas.
• Chris McAllister, Kelvin Palmer and Brody Trahan served as captains vs. Wofford.
• Baylor is 1-1 in August games under Briles.
• Baylor is 23-10 at home under Briles.
• Baylor is 13-1 at Floyd Casey Stadium since the start of the 2011 season.
• Saturday's game was the 25th time in the last 26 games and the 18th consecutive in which Baylor has played on national television.
• Baylor is now 26-5 when leading at the half during the Briles era.
• Tonight's attendance of 44,989 was the 2nd-largest opening day crowd in Floyd Casey Stadium history, trailing only 46,000 vs. Oklahoma in 1973.
• Baylor's 69 points are the 4th-most in program history, most in Floyd Casey Stadium history and most in the Briles era.
• Baylor has now scored 60+ points in a game in 4 of the last 5 seasons -- prior to the Briles era, the Bears hadn't scored 60+ since 1942.
• BU scored 60+ points for the 12th time in program history (4th time in Briles era).
• Baylor's 66-point margin of victory was the 5th-highest in program history.
• Baylor has won five straight games, dating back to the 2012 season. Baylor last ran off five straight wins in 2011-12 when it combined for nine in a row. Prior to those two occurrences, Baylor had not won five straight games since starting the 1991 season 5-0.
• Baylor has scored in the 1st quarter in 17 of its last 18 games dating back to Nov. 19, 2011.
• Baylor scored in all 4 quarters and has now scored in 28 of its last 29 quarters played.
• Baylor has scored 30+ points in 19 of its last 21 games.
• Baylor has scored 40+ points in 15 of its last 18 games.
• Baylor is now 16-2 when forcing 2+ turnovers during DC Phil Bennett's three seasons (won first 11 such games during Bennett's tenure).
• With 692 yards of offense in the game, the Bears have had at least 400 yards of total offense in 28 straight games dating back to Dec. 29, 2011.
• Baylor's 692 yards of offense ranks third in program single-game history.
• Baylor topped 600 yards of total offense for the 21st time in program history (16 times in Briles era).
• Baylor scored 28 points in both the 1st and 3rd quarters -- the Bears had scored 28+ points in a quarter just seven times in program history entering the game.
• Baylor's 28 1st-quarter points tied the 3rd-most in any quarter in program history -- the only time BU scored more in a 1st quarter was Sept. 10, 1994, at San Jose State (35).
• BU's 28 1st-quarter points tied the most in any quarter in Floyd Casey Stadium history (5th time) and were the most in a quarter at The Case since Oct. 3, 1992.
• Baylor's 38 1st-half points were its most since scoring a Floyd Casey Stadium-record 41 points in the 1st half vs. Northwestern State on Sept. 26, 2009.
• Baylor's 28 3rd-quarter points tied the most in any quarter in Floyd Casey Stadium history (6th time) and were one behind the school record of 29 3rd-quarter points vs. Washington in the 2011 Alamo Bowl.
• QB Bryce Petty made his first career start and completed 19-of-24 passes for 312 yards and 2 touchdowns.
• RB Lache Seastrunk tallied 111 rushing yards and 2 rushing touchdowns on 11 carries.
• Seastrunk extended his school record with a 5th consecutive game with 100+ rushing yards.
• PK Aaron Jones made 9 extra points and 1 field goal (25) to bring his program-record career total to 339 points.
• Jones set a school record with 46 career made field goals, passing Jeff Ireland (45).
• Jones has now made a school-record 116 consecutive PATs.
• Jones tied his own school record with 9 made PATs (3rd time, all by Jones).
• DE Jamal Palmer recovered 2 fumbles, forced a fumble, had 1.0 sack and 1.5 tackles-for-loss.
• LB Bryce Hager had 12 tackles (6 solo) for his 7th career double-digit tackles game.
• IR Clay Fuller had a career-long 41-yard reception in the 1st quarter; he finished with a career-high 61 yards on two receptions.
• WR Antwan Goodley had a career-long 27-yard reception in the 1st quarter for his second career TD catch.
• WR Jay Lee recorded his first career reception in his seventh career game played.
• DE Chris McAllister had his first career interception and returned it 25 yards for a touchdown.
• IR Tevin Reese had a 44-yard TD catch in the 3rd quarter -- 15 of his 17 career TD receptions have gone for 40+ yards (averages 51.4 yards per career TD reception).
• RB Shock Linwood had a 19-yard TD rush in the 3rd quarter -- it was on his 5th rushing attempt in his Baylor debut.
• QB Seth Russell threw a 70-yard TD pass to Corey Coleman on his first career pass (second career snap).
• K Kyle Peterson converted his first career field goal attempt after hitting a 43-yarder in the fourth quarter.