Sept. 25, 2010
Box Score |
BAYLOR (3-1) 30, RICE (1-3) 13
RICE STADIUM • HOUSTON, TEXAS
SEPT. 25, 2010 • ATTENDANCE: 23,395
• Baylor leads the all-time series 46-30-2 series record, including a 26-20-2 mark in Houston.
• Baylor has won eight of its last nine games at Rice.
• Baylor is 3-11 in road games under third-year head coach Art Briles, including a 2-2 non-conference mark.
• Baylor is 10-for-12 in redzone opportunities this season — four TDs, six FGs.
• Since 2001, Baylor is 25-2 when scoring at least 30 points.
• Baylor first scoring drive was the longest for plays (11), yards (83) and time of possession (5:22) this season.
• Six different Baylor receivers have a caught a TD pass this season.
• Eight different Baylor receivers caught a pass vs. Rice.
• Baylor has scored 20+ first-half points in three of its four games to start the season — vs. Sam Houston State (21), vs. Buffalo (27) and at Rice (20).
• QB Robert Griffin III is 9-9 in 18 career starts as Baylor quarterback.
• Griffin III passed J.J. Joe (43) as the Baylor career leader in touchdown responsibility (passing and rushing). Griffin III has been responsible for 45 touchdowns in 19 career games.
• Griffin III is responsible for 11 of Baylor’s 12 touchdowns in 2010 (eight pass, three rush).
• Griffin III is tied for seventh in Baylor history with 27 career passing touchdowns.
• Griffin III has tossed eight 40-yard passes (six for TDs) in 2010, including three 50-yard passes (all four TDs).
• Griffin III has nine career 200-yard passing games.
• Griffin III tied a career high with three TD passes.
• Griffin III is 167-of-274 (60.9 percent) for 2,208 yards with 19 TDs and two INTs in 11 career non-conference games.
• IR Kendall Wright has a catch in all 28 games of his career.
• Wright is tied for eighth in Baylor history with 11 career receiving touchdowns.
• Wright passed former teammate David Gettis (1,555) for seventh place on Baylor’s career list with 1,632 receiving yards.
• Wright ranks sixth at Baylor with 133 career receptions.
• Wright has seven career 100-yard receiving games.
• TE Jerod Monk recorded his career-first TD reception.
• LB Elliot Coffey established career highs for total (11) and solo (seven) tackles.
• S Byron Landor tied a career high for total tackles (10).
• RB Terrance Ganaway established a career high with 79 rushing yards.
• CB Chance Casey nabbed his third career interception — his first since Oct. 3, 2009, against Kent State.
• DB Mikail Baker recorded his second career interception — his first since the 2009 season opener at Wake Forest.