Oct. 15, 2011
Box Score |
Photo Gallery |
AP Photo Gallery
21/23 TEXAS A&M (4-2, 2-1) 55, 20/24 BAYLOR (4-2, 1-2) 28
KYLE FIELD • COLLEGE STATION, TEXAS
OCT. 15, 2011 • ATTENDANCE: 87,361
• Saturday was the 108th “Battle of the Brazos” series meeting between Baylor and Texas A&M, the most-played series in Baylor football history.
• Texas A&M leads the series 68-31-9 and 32-10-3 in games played in College Station.
• Saturday was only the seventh time in 108 series meetings that both Baylor and Texas A&M were ranked in the Top 25. Baylor is 2-4-1 in seven meetings with both teams ranked and 7-5-2 as a ranked team against Texas A&M.
• Baylor is 73-41-2 all-time as a ranked team, including a 2-3 record against Big 12 opponents.
• Baylor 13-5 when QB Robert Griffin III throws for 2+ TDs (10-3 since freshman year)
• Baylor was held to under 30 points for the first time this season.
• Baylor’s defense has intercepted a pass in six straight games.
• Baylor trailed at the half for the first time this season.
• Baylor has outscored opponents 154-97 in the first half through six games.
• Baylor allowed a season-high 55 points — the most allowed by a Bears team since Oklahoma State (55) on Nov. 6, 2010.
• Baylor allowed a season-high 681 yards of total offense — the most allowed by a Bears team since Oklahoma State (55) on Nov. 6, 2010.
• Baylor had two scoring drives that took more than four minutes (had one in first five games).
• 18 of Baylor’s 38 scoring drives this season have taken less than two minutes, including nine of less than 60 seconds.
• QB Robert Griffin III etched his name on his 44th school record, setting the single-game mark for passing yards with 430. RG3’s record breaks the previous mark of 427 by current backup QB Nick Florence (427 yards at Missouri, 2009).
• With three passing TDs, Griffin III tied his own school record for passing TDs in a single season with 22.
• Griffin III now has two career 400-yard passing games and eight 300-yard passing games.
• Griffin III has thrown for 200+ yards in seven straight games.
• Both of Griffin III’s interceptions this season have come on the road.
• Griffin III’s career TD-INT ratio is 4.85 (63 TD, 13 INT).
• Griffin III moved up to ninth on Baylor’s career rushing attempts list with 421. He ranks 10th in school history with 1,850 career rushing yards.
• WR Terrance Williams established a single-game career high with 146 receiving yards and tied a single-game career high with eight receptions.
• The 77-yard pass play from Griffin III to Williams is the longest play of the season and the longest reception of Williams’ career.
• IR Kendall Wright’s nine receiving TDs are the second-most for a single season in school history.
• Wright has seven or more receptions in seven consecutive games.
• Wright moved up to fifth place in Big 12 history with 249 career receptions.
• Wright moved up to eighth place in Big 12 history with 3,098 career receiving yards.
• Wright has recorded a reception in all 43 games of his career.
• Wright moved up to ninth on the Baylor single-season list with 55 receptions.
• RB Terrance Ganaway has seven rushing TDs, matching his Baylor career total entering the season (7 rushing TDs in first two seasons at BU).
• WR Lanear Sampson has recorded a reception in 23 consecutive games — the second-longest streak on the team (behind Wright).
• IR Tevin Reese’s 106 yards tied a single-game career high (106 vs. Rice).
• C Philip Blake made his 31st consecutive start, OL Ivory Wade made his 26th consecutive start and Griffin III made his 20th consecutive start.
• S Mike Hicks (12), CB K.J. Morton (11) and NB Ahmad Dixon (11) all set single-game career highs for tackles, while LB Elliot Coffey tied a career high with 13 stops.