Oct. 23, 2010
Box Score |
RV/RV BAYLOR (6-2, 3-1) 47, RV/RV KANSAS STATE (5-2, 2-2) 42
FLOYD CASEY STADIUM • WACO, TEXAS
OCT. 23, 2010 • ATTENDANCE: 40,057
• Baylor is bowl eligible (at least six wins) for the first time since 1995 (Bears finished 7-4 but did not go to a bowl game).
• Baylor is 6-2 for the first time since 1991 (Bears finished 8-4).
• Baylor is off to its first 4-0 home start since 1994 — the last time Baylor went to a bowl game.
• Kansas State leads the series 6-2.
• The game was delayed because of weather for 1 hour, 47 minutes (delay started at 2:38 p.m. CDT; game resumed at 4:25 p.m. CDT).
• Saturday was the 101st Homecoming celebration and the 79th Homecoming game in Baylor history.
• Baylor is 36-39-4 in Homecoming games.
• Baylor snapped its three-game Homecoming losing streak.
• Saturday’s attendance (40,057) was the largest Homecoming crowd since 2005 against Texas Tech (43,525).
• Baylor is 12-3 when leading at halftime in the Art Briles era.
• The three conference wins are tied for the most by a Baylor team in the Big 12 era (BU went 3-5 in 2006).
• Since 2001, Baylor is 28-3 when scoring 30+ points.
• Baylor is 13-32 all-time against the Big 12 North (Baylor is 4-67 all-time against the Big 12 South).
• Baylor established a single-game school record for yards of total offense, surpassing mark of 678 set earlier this season against Kansas (Oct. 2).
• Baylor has scored on its first offensive drive in four of the last five games (did not score on first drive at Colorado last week).
• Baylor has scored 30+ points in seven of its eight games this season, including five consecutive games.
• Baylor totaled 500+ yards of total offense for the fourth consecutive game.
• TB Jay Finley became the seventh player in school history with at least 2,000 career rushing yards. Finley ranks sixth all-time with 2,139 rushing yards.
• Finley ran for a school-record 250 yards, surpassing the previous record set by Robert Griffin III (217) against Washington State in 2008. Finley became just the fourth player in school history to rush for 200+ yards in a single game.
• Finley’s 82-yard run is the second-longest rush in school history behind Jay Jeffrey’s 83-yard TD run against Lamar in 1980. It was also the longest non-scoring rush in school history.
• Finley is tied for ninth in Baylor history with 15 career rushing touchdowns.
• Finley has six career 100-yard rushing games.
• Finley is the first Baylor player with back-to-back 100-yard rushing games since he did so in the last two games of the 2008 season — vs. Texas A&M (116) and at Texas Tech (105).
• QB Robert Griffin III is 12-10 in 22 career starts as Baylor quarterback.
• Griffin III threw for a career-high 404 yards, becoming the third QB in Baylor history to throw for 400+ yards. It was also only the fifth 400-yard passing game by a Baylor QB in school history.
• Griffin III ranks third on Baylor’s single-season list with 18 TD passes.
• Griffin III has accumulated 300+ yards of total offense in five consecutive games.
• Griffin III has thrown for 300+ yards three times this season — all in Big 12 play.
• Griffin III established a career high with four touchdown passes.
• Griffin III is responsible for 24 of Baylor’s 30 offensive touchdowns (18 pass, six rush) in 2010 (32 overall).
• Griffin III has tossed 13 40-yard passes (10 for TDs), including seven 50-yard passes (six TDs).
• IR Kendall Wright has a catch in every game of his career (32 games).
• Wright became the fourth player in Baylor history to amass 2,000+ receiving yards. Wright ranks fourth all-time with 2,037 yards receiving.
• Wright is tied for sixth in Baylor history with 13 career receiving touchdowns.
• WR Josh Gordon’s seven receiving TDs this season are the most by a Baylor Bear since Thomas White caught eight TD passes in 2007.
• PK Aaron Jones has made a field goal in all eight games of his career.
• S Byron Landor established career high for tackles and became first Baylor play with 15+ tackles in a game since Joe Pawelek (21) vs. UConn in 2009.