Nov. 5, 2011
Box Score |
Photo Gallery |
AP Photo Gallery
NR/NR BAYLOR (5-3, 2-3) 42, NR/RV MISSOURI (4-5, 2-4) 39
FLOYD CASEY STADIUM • WACO, TEXAS
NOV. 5, 2011 • ATTENDANCE: 40,194
• Saturday was the 14th meeting between Baylor and Missouri in football and ninth as Big 12 Conference opponents.
• Missouri leads the series 10-4, while Baylor posted back-to-back wins in the series for the first time. Baylor also snapped its four-game home losing streak to Missouri.
• The road team in the Baylor/Missouri series has won each of the last three series meetings.
• Saturday was the 80th Homecoming game in school history and the 102nd anniversary of the first Homecoming in 1909.
• Baylor is 37-39-4 in Homecoming contests, including a 5-11 record in the Big 12 era. Baylor is 1-2 vs. Missouri in Homecoming contests.
• Saturday’s attendance of 40,194 was the largest Homecoming crowd since Oct. 29, 2005, vs. No. 17 Texas Tech (43,525).
• Baylor set a single-game school record with 697 yards of total offense, breaking previous mark of 683 set in 2010 against Kansas State.
• Baylor gained 600+ yards of total offense for the second straight game and fourth time this season (only seven games with 600+ total yards in previous 109 seasons).
• Baylor has scored 40 or more points in a game five times this season.
• Baylor has trailed at the half in each of the last three games.
• Baylor has had at least one 100-yard receiver in seven of its eight games this season (no 100-yard receivers Oct. 8 vs. Iowa State).
• Baylor’s defense has forced at least one turnover in all eight games this season.
• Baylor had three receivers with 7+ receptions for the first time since 2004 against Iowa State (Trent Shelton , Marques Roberts , Dominique Zeigler ).
• QB Robert Griffin III posted his 10th career 300-yard and third consecutive — and fourth career — 400-yard passing performance.
• Griffin III has thrown for 300+ yards in six of Baylor’s eight games this season.
• Griffin III broke his own Baylor single-game record for total offense yards with 470. He broke his previous mark last week at Oklahoma State (452).
• Griffin III moved up to eighth on Baylor’s career rushing list. He now has 1,941 career rushing yards. He needs 59 more yards to become seventh 2,000-yard rusher in school history.
• Griffin III moved up to 10th in Big 12 history with 711 career passing completions.
• Griffin III moved up to seventh in Big 12 history with 10,795 career total offense yards.
• Griffin III moved up to eighth in Big 12 history with 8,854 career passing yards.
• Griffin III moved up to second on the Baylor single-season list with 3,167 yards of total offense. RG3 is the only player in school history to amass 3,000 or more yards of total offense in a single season. He holds the school record with 4,136 yards of total offense (2010).
• Griffin III moved up to third on the Baylor single-season list with 2,781 passing yards.
• RB Terrance Ganaway moved to 24th in school history with 1,339 career rushing yards.
• Ganaway is only the second player in program history with multiple games with 180+ rushing yards (Jerod Douglas).
• Ganaway is tied for ninth in school history with 17 career rushing touchdowns.
• Ganaway’s 10 rushing touchdowns are tied for the fourth-most in a single season in school history.
• IR Tevin Reese is 21st in Baylor history with 79 career receptions.
• Reese set a career high with 163 receiving yards.
• With two TD receptions, WR Terrance Williams is now tied for ninth on Baylor’s all-time list with 11 career receiving TDs.
• T. Williams recorded his third consecutive 100-yard receiving game and fourth of the season.
• T. Williams is tied for 17th in Baylor history with 83 career receptions.
• T. Williams has two of the four multi-TD games by a Baylor receiving this season (Wright has other two).
• WR Lanear Sampson is tied for 10th in Baylor history with 98 career receptions.
• IR Kendall Wright has seven or more receptions in nine consecutive games.
• Wright has recorded a reception in all 45 games of his career.
• Wright moved up to fourth place in Big 12 history with 3,312 career receiving yards.
• Wright moved up to third in school history with 73 receptions in a single season. He needs six more to break his own school record (78 in 2010).
• Wright moved up to third in school history with 971 receiving yards. He needs to 29 more yards to post only the 1,000-yard receiving season in program history.
• WR Lanear Sampson has recorded a reception in 25 consecutive games — the second-longest streak on the team (behind Wright).
• C Philip Blake made his 33rd consecutive start, OL Ivory Wade made his 28th consecutive start and Griffin III made his 22nd consecutive start.